Job Title: Medical Technologist II - Hematopathology Division (Nights)
Job ID: 33431
Business Unit: HOSPT
Full/Part Time: Full-Time (40 hours)
Bachelor's degree in Clinical Laboratory Sciences or basic sciences required. Technologist Certification by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) required. Minimum of one (1) year experience working in a laboratory as a Certified Technologist required.
To provide advanced technical skills necessary to organize and perform various medical laboratory procedures.
Nights; rotating as needed.
The salary range for this position is from $45,120 to $67,680.
This position is a pay Band Code PC14.
Specific Job Related Duties
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Assists in organizing the assigned workload and scheduling work assignments for the sections.
- Assists in directing all laboratory test procedures within the section.
- Evaluates new test procedures.
- Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures recognizing deviation from expected results, and analyzes and corrects problems using scientific principles.
- Assists and/or instructs personnel with complex procedures.
- Operates and performs preventive maintenance on laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Prepares reagents or indicator solutions.
- Evaluates and solves problems related to collection and processing of biological specimens for analysis.
- Records and statistically evaluates quality control tests, making judgments concerning results and taking appropriate action to maintain accuracy.
- Maintains inventory of reagents and other supplies.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution which proudly values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The University of Texas Medical Branch - 13 months ago