HURON PERTH HEALTHCARE ALLIANCE
NOTICE OF VACANCY
POSITION: MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST I, Health Records
Alliance Wide, Primarily Stratford Site
Regular Part-Time Position
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the accurate and efficient transcribing of medical, para-medical and medical imaging reports.
REPORTS TO: Manager, Health Information
DATE REQUIRED: As soon as possible
SALARY: $21.86 to $23.21 per hour
- Minimum Grade 12 education plus completion of a recognized medical transcription course or equivalent experience.
- Related work experience including speech recognition/editing in a similar position preferred.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to transcribe 100 minutes of dictation per day.
- Excellent medical terminology and pharmaceutical terms.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Understands customer service and their needs.
- Ability to work well with other members of the healthcare team, external agencies and the public.
- Organized and self-directed.
- Team player.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and is self-directed.
- Maintains confidentiality and ensures privacy.
Reply with complete resume to:
Human Resources, Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance
46 General Hospital Drive, Stratford, Ontario, N5A 2Y6
CONFIDENTIAL FAX: (519)271-1177
E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org (Meditech e-mails not accepted.)
POSTING DATE: March 27, 2013 POSTING # 8820 (CUPE Clerical)
EXPIRY DATE: April 3, 2013
Huron Perth Healthcare Aliance (HPHA) - 8 months ago