Parallon Business Performance Group at the Dallas Shared Services Center is seeking a Collections Specialist. The Collections Specialist performs account follow-up and resolution of patient receivables.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Monitor insurance claims by running appropriate reports and contacting insurance companies to resolve claims that are not paid in a timely manner
- Identify coding or billing problems from EOBs and work to correct the errors in a timely manner
- Identify problem accounts and escalate as appropriate
- Update the patient account record to identify actions taken on the account
- Work with patients and guarantors to secure payment on outstanding account balances
- Sort and file correspondence
- Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
- PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in PC applications as required
- Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
- Basic skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
- High school diploma or GED required
- At least one year of collections experience required, Medicare experience is a plus.
- Relevant education may substitute experience requirement
HCA Inc - 17 months ago