Medicare Recovery Specialist
Due to our increasing growth in business, we have several positions to fill immediately.
Benefit Recovery is sourcing for STRONG Medicare Recovery Specialist s who are outgoing, self-starting, multi-taskers to work fulltime in Houston, Texas at our Corporate Office. Consider joining our dynamic and expanding company.
Benefit Recovery has been in operation since 1992. We have locations in 20 different states with corporate headquarters in Houston, Texas. Our clients consist of commercial hospitals, hospital corporations, Veterans Administration medical centers, and the United States Air Force. The main business operation is geared toward the recovery of denied hospital claims from health insurance carriers. We also offer client services such as insurance verification, pre-registration, and outpatient billing.
Medicare Recovery Specialist Experience:
*Training begins at entry level, and includes ongoing programs to deal with the changing reimbursement strategies of health insurance providers*
- · Verifying Medicare health insurance coverage via HIQA/CWF
- · Obtaining claim status via telephone calls and DDE
- · Medicare part A & B
- · Medicare Guidelines
- · Write Medicare appeals
- · Familiar with ICD9, CPT codes
- · UB04 claims forms and CMS claims forms
- · Hospital Systems (Meditech, Epic , IDX etc)
- · Entering information into the database
- contacting Medicare customer service representatives
- Assisting customers
- Detail oriented, customer focus, organizational skills, handles pressure
- Accurate and fast typist (approx. 40+ wpm), eye for detail
- Computer literate ( Microsoft Office Skills i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Professionalism, good verbal, mathematical, and communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with a positive attitude during all interactions
- Knowledge of HIPAA, and UB04, CMS, ICD-9 forms and CPT codes
- High School or equivalent required
Work Hours Options (M-F):
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Long Term Disability
- Vision Insurance
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Bereavement Leave
- Education Assistance Program
Compensation coincides with experience.
- 7 – 3:30 P.M.
- 7:30 – 4:00 P.M.
- 4 nine hour days and half day Friday
Applicant must successfully pass a criminal background check.
If you meet the requirements, use apply now. Inquiries without salary requirements will not be considered. We will select and contact those applicants that most closely match our requirements. No phone calls please.
"We are an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer"
Benefit Recovery - 6 months ago
Benefit Recovery presently has 32 full-time employees, including attorneys, and four part-time employees to service our clients. Our...