The Research Specialist in the Department of Internal Medicine participates across multiple research activities in the UICOMP Cancer Research Program. The successful Research Specialist will collaborate with the Principal Investigator in the Department of Internal Medicine to execute experiments in support of the UICOMP Cancer Research Program.
- Collaborate with Principal Investigator and researchers to develop objectives and design of research projects and proposals.
- Formulate and conduct scientific experiments and analyses. Perform complex data collection and laboratory techniques. Analyze and evaluate test and research results.
- Replicate, refine and add new research approaches based on project needs. Test, customize and implement new methods, procedures and techniques.
- Develop and write advanced, comprehensive experimental protocols.
- Monitor project developments on an ongoing basis. Propose and implement changes as needed.
- Contribute material, prepare results and assist in the writing of research findings for publications, papers, presentations, grants, and other documents for publication.
- Assist principal investigator in grant and manuscript submission.
- Guide, train and advise lower level researchers and students on techniques, methods and procedures.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
The UIC is an AA/EOE.
- Bachelor's degree in science or related field required. Master's degree in science preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years related research experience.
- Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of research principles, concepts, practices and methods.
- Proficient in specific lab research techniques.
Back to Job Board
University of Illinois at Chicago - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard -