Meeting Planner-Global Business Travel (Stamford, CT)-13006386
Primary Objective of Position:
The Meeting Planner-Global Business Travel is responsible and accountable for efficiently and effectively coordinating the logistical requirements of the customer event. He/She is responsible for completing internal processes and procedures, such as, but not limited to: proposals, RFPs, cost savings tracking, event tracking, budgeting, final turnovers forms, credit card reconciliation. He or she will be responsible for creating/managing the customer’s budget and will need to negotiate vendor’s contracts, in addition to other provided services and hotel rates, and to provide cost savings to the customer based on these negotiations. This person is accountable for final bill reconciliation, program completion and closure. The goal is to exceed customer expectations by providing a seamless event from beginning to end which includes site inspections and onsite group/meeting execution.
Knowledge and Skills required:
- At least 5-7 years of past meeting planning skills in the Corporate Travel Industry are required, CMP desired
- 4 year degree preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively and professional with all levels of management and clients
- Appearance needs to always be neat and professional
- Ability to work accurately and timely – in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and handle change well.
- Microsoft Word and Excel experience – Intermediate level
- Experience with meeting industry technology a plus
Typical Areas of Performance:
- Contract and Negotiate with vendors – Destination Management Company (DMC) relations
- Create and design Food & Beverage functions – understanding guarantees and limitations
- Planning the logistics of the meeting – from meeting room setup to coordinating 100 breakouts
- Manage rooming lists and arrival/departures list – QC-ing these reports daily
- Understand Attrition Guidelines and Cancellation Penalties – as they pertain to a hotel contract
- Being able to pickup and work with our chosen technology tool and use it effectively, as well as all other interactive tools used
- Creation of client communications
- Handling any and all in-scope client requests
- Handling a heavy workload – multiple meetings a month
- Handle all types of programs – with varying degrees of importance
- Handling meetings ranging from 10 people to 1500 or more
- Coordinate with the air team to produce a seamless operations between air and land
- Compile & reconcile the final bill
- Meeting all deliverables, both external as well as internal
- Adhering to all internal American Express policies as well as all compliance requirements
- Other duties as assigned
Due to supporting the client's business needs, this person requires on-site support in Stamford, CT.
Primary Location: US-Connecticut-Stamford
American Express - 18 months ago
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...