Member (Patient) Advocate
Handle inbound calls from Patients inquiring about their Home Delivery benefit. Explain the advantages of ordering prescription drugs through Home Delivery (mail). Identify patient needs and present the savings, convenience, and safety of receiving medications via Home Delivery. Accurately complete and document patient interactions and transactions in company databases.
Initiate calls and faxes to prescribers to obtain prescriptions on behalf of patients who agree to use Home Delivery. Obtain doctor office verbal approval for new prescriptions and submit for processing. Effectively manage a case load of records to facilitate timely processing of Home Delivery prescription requests.
1.Member (Patient): Utilizing a consultative sales approach, explains the advantages of ordering prescription through Home Delivery (mail). Update conversion requests and provide shipment status to members.
2.Physician: Facilitate the transition of requested medications to Home Delivery. Advocate for the member patient) by placing phone calls (fax or other means) to prescriber¿s offices to obtain prescriptions, and forward to pharmacy for fulfillment.
3.Physician: Obtain new prescriptions from prescriber¿s offices and record approval status. Manage daily workflow volume. Evaluate prescription status determine next steps and record outcome. Service incoming calls from doctors¿ offices.
4.Both: Ensure accurate and complete documentation is entered into the appropriate systems for all contacts (internal/external) to maintain the quality of the home delivery process, document HIPAA compliance and reduce potential legal concerns.
5.Both: Navigate multiple on-line systems to capture as well as interpret basic patient/physician information and document the information in company data systems.
6.Both: Resolve questions and/or issues that may be preventing shipment of an order. Uphold quality and productivity standards on all transactions.
7.Both: Work collaboratively with other MCC employees to ensure that best practices are shared.
8.Both: Participate on special projects or other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of customer service experience or customer-facing experience
- Be registered or registry eligible through the appropriate state¿s board of pharmacy (if required by state law) upon hire or transfer;
- Must have ability to maintain active licensure throughout time in position
- General knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Internet with the ability to navigate through multiple computer systems simultaneously
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to articulate in communicating prescription request clearly
- Ability to provide exceptional listening and customer service skills
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment, learn quickly, solve problems and make decisions
- Demonstrate dependability, self-motivation and goal-orientation;
- Ability to positively represent ESI¿s vision and values when interacting with customers and members
- Detailed oriented
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.
None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.
Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.
- 2 years ago - save job
Express Scripts is a Fortune 25 company and is the largest pharmacy benefit manager in the U.S.