Health Net, Inc. is a publicly traded managed care organization that delivers managed health care services through health plans and government-sponsored managed care plans. Its mission is to help people be healthy, secure and comfortable. Health Net, through its subsidiaries, provides and administers health benefits to approximately 5.4 million individuals across the country through group, individual, Medicare (including the Medicare prescription drug benefit commonly referred to as "Part D"), Medicaid, U.S. Department of Defense, including TRICARE, and Veterans Affairs programs. Health Net's behavioral health services subsidiary, Managed Health Network, Inc., provides behavioral health, substance abuse and employee assistance programs to approximately 4.9 million individuals, including Health Net's own health plan members. Health Net's subsidiaries also offer managed health care products related to prescription drugs, and offer managed health care product coordination for multi-region employers and administrative services for medical groups and self-funded benefits programs.
For more information on Health Net, Inc., please visit the company's website at www.healthnet.com.
Under direct supervision, the Membership Accounting Representative I allocates payments, and reconciles and audits assigned individual and employer group accounts. Reviews work with Supervisor or Representative II.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists more senior Representatives with researching and resolving problems involving membership exceptions, dues allocation, and billing, to learn accounting procedures.
- Applies payments and reconciles balances monthly to maintain client account financial integrity.
- Assists with audits of employer group accounts.
- Handles internal and external inquiries concerning billings, rates, and members.
- Provides assistance to Eligibility Representative staff with shared accounts.
High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
One-year accounting experience within HMO/Health Care industry preferred, or one-year relevant experience
HMO/health care experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to operate PC based software programs required
- Ability to interact with clients
- 10-key by touch required
The following section describes the general physical requirements for this position.
Please note that 'constant' refers to more than 81% of time; 'significant' refers to 40-80%;and 'moderate' refers to 20-40% of the time.
- Operates personal computers, printers, facsimile, telephones, copy machines and other commonly used office accessories/equipment.
- Exposed to confidential information and expected to maintain confidentiality at all times; must adhere to HIPAA rules and regulations.
- May be required to work outside of normally scheduled hours as mandated by the client, project and/or workload (e.g. evenings, weekends, and/or holidays).
- May be required to maintain established work pace, meet deadlines; may have last minute urgent requests.
- Physical activity may include: twisting, reaching, kneeling, bending, stooping, squatting, crawling, grasping, grabbing, pushing, pulling, repetitive motion, climbing, etc.
- Required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Required to have hearing ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Required to have speaking ability to express or exchange ideas.
- Constant computer usage including typing and/or eye strain.
- Constant repetitive arm, wrist, hand and finger motions -- making repetitive movements (e.g. key boarding, filing, data entry).
- Significant phone usage; headsets may be required.
- Significant work in a loud office environment with frequent interruptions/distractions.
- Constant sedentary work (desk bound or seated).
- Constant reading is required via computer screen and/or bound printed materials.
- Constant concentration may be required on various subjects by listening, reading and thinking clearly.
- Constant interaction with others may be required.
May need to listen, think, and speak in order to interact with others. Business interactions and behavior between coworkers and/or external customers are required.
This may require face-to-face or telephone interactions.
- Constant thinking at work may include listening, learning, analyzing, evaluating, and the ability to interpret what is seen and/or heard, or to link information from one or several things to the next.
Any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Health Net, Inc. supports a drug-free work environment and requires pre-employment background and drug screening.
Health Net and its subsidiaries are an Equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/V/D.
Health Net - 17 months ago