To provide direct patient care to adults and adolescents with
psychiatric disorders as well as chemically dependent patients to
ensure the safety and well being of patients.
1. Monitor unit
patients and complete rounds as assigned.
in treatment planning by helping to identify patients’
problems, needs and strengths. Report all areas of concern regarding
patient’s mental or physical status to the Charge Nurse.
3. Assist in the admission process, including obtaining vital
signs, safety search of patients and personal belongings, obtaining
urine specimens and orienting new patients to the unit and their
4. Ensure precaution protocols are followed, and
encourage patients to actively participate in all program
5. Accompany patients as assigned by Charge
6. Plan and prepare adequately for groups.
7. Maintain patient, program, department and related documentation
ensuring that forms are properly and promptly completed and
8. Participate in hospital emergency codes
necessary to the unit’s and the hospital’s safe
9. Provide general nursing assistance,
appropriate to patients’ age and as assigned and supervised by
10. Monitor vital signs and assist patients
with activities of daily living.
11. Carry out clerical
and administrative assignment to support patient care and department
operations, including taking and routing of phone messages.
-Bachelor's degree in a related field.
-Direct patient care
experience preferably in a hospital setting.
experience working with all age populations with psychiatric
disorders as well as chemically dependencies.
Bi-Lingual a plus...
Universal Health Services - 6 months ago