Casual/as needed (non benefit earning) opportunities currently available in our William W. Jepson Day Treatment Program at HCMC.
The William W. Jepson Day Treatment Program at Hennepin County Medical Center is an intensive outpatient program serving the needs of adults living with serious mental illness. Specific programming is offered in different tracks of the program for those with
1. schizophrenia or psychotic disorders,
2. mood or personality disorders, or
3. substance use problems as well as psychiatric disorders.
Meeting the criteria for a “mental health practitioner” by the state Minnesota. (at least a bachelor’s degree in a behavioral health field and 2, 000 hours of experience in working with persons living with mental illness) OR Master’s degree in a behavioral health field.
Ideal candidate will have:
1) Experience working with adults living with serious mental illness, along with chemical health
2) Experience in working in an adult day treatment setting, and
3) Experience in documenting in the EPIC system.
1) Direct and/or supervise a team of multi-disciplinary staff to see that all the following occurs:
a) The completion of tx plans and updated tx plans at 90-day review.
b) Completing client insurance authorizations as needed.
c) Crisis management, and referral for basic needs and medical care, ongoing mental health services, and other issues as they arise.
d) Documentation of all services provided.
2) Evaluate effectiveness of group mental health programming and develop programming to meet client needs and meet state requirement for best practices.
3) Provide supportive and follow up education measures to clients and families about the nature of illness, medications, and prescribed treatments.
4) Coordinate client care, which includes:
a) developing relationship with client and encouraging participation in treatment,
b) developing and completing treatment plans,
c) coordinating care with other providers,
d) discharge planning and coordination,
e) meeting with clients individually as needed.
5) Provide direct care for ambulatory clients experiencing mental health issues in psychotherapy and psychoeducational groups, matching client level of ability and understanding.
6) Assess, triage, teach, and follow up with treatment needs.
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin County Medical Center for your employment! HCMC offers a wealth of opportunities for our ever-changing population and is a place you'll feel challenged, rewarded, and appreciated. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for both current and future employees, who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. Thanks for choosing HCMC!
HCMC has the following Success Factors that apply to all our employees to ensure competency. They are: exhibits accountability, demonstrates ethics and trustworthiness, delivers customer service, embraces differences, uses resources wisely, communicates clearly, builds and strengthens relationships, champions change and seeks continuous growth. Employees must be able to demonstrate competency in these areas.
Please Note: external applicants selected for an interview with Hennepin County Medical Center must provide data for a Criminal Background Study. Offers of employment from Hennepin County Medical Center are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background studies.
Hennepin County Medical Center - 17 months ago