Menninger’s Adolescent Treatment Program (ATP) treats adolescents ages 12-17 who have complex psychiatric disorders or co-occurring disorders, that is, a psychiatric disorder coupled with substance abuse or dependence. The program has 15 beds.
With its wide-ranging clinical expertise, the program’s interdisciplinary treatment team stabilizes acute symptoms to help identify core issues and determine next steps in treatment. The team offers in-depth assessments when an adolescent’s diagnosis is unclear or when a second opinion is needed. The team administers extensive psychological testing, and neuropsychological testing is also available.
The Staff Nurse is responsible for coordinating total nursing care for patients, and participating in the education of patients and family regarding issues relevant to nursing. The Staff Nurse is also responsible for maintaining the standards for professional nursing practice in a clinical setting by working cooperatively with ancillary nursing staff and other clinical staff.
Shift: This position requires you to work every other weekend from 7:00am-3:00pm
- Sets appropriate goals; including the physical, psychological, social, and continuing care needs of each patient; evaluates nursing actions to meet those goals; and makes recommendations for any changes.
- Observes, documents and communicates patient responses and effectiveness of nursing intervention and medication; documents in patient’s medical record according to established policy and procedure.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medication action, mode of administration, side effects and contraindications by successfully completing annual medication examination.
- Seeks opportunities to participate in hospital committees, performance improvement initiatives, and activities.
- Participates in orientation and training of students and new staff.
REQUIRED: Completion of a NLN or CCNE accredited RN program. BSN preferred.
Current license to practice as RN in state of Texas
Two years experience in psychiatric nursing (Education may be substituted for experience. For example, ADN requires two years experience, BSN requires one year experience.)
The Menninger Clinic - 11 months ago
The Menninger Clinic is an international specialty psychiatric center, providing treatment, research and education. Founded in 1925 in Kansa...