LifeWorks NW is opening Zora House, a 5-bed Residential Treatment Home, in Tigard that will serve male and female Young Adults in Transition (ages 17-24) who have mental health issues.
We are looking for individuals who enjoy working with this age group and who want to be part of a multi-disciplinary team committed to working with residents from a strength based and collaborative perspective that will support and empower them to develop skills and move toward independence.
PURPOSE : To provide services to transitional-aged youth in a residential setting who are experiencing mental illness and behavioral problems by providing skills training, case management, and other services as outlined in a treatment plan.
POSITION SPECIFIC : This is a day shift position working Saturdays and Sundays. Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred, but not required.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Meets standards for documentation and accuracy of work, client care, quality/customer service, attendance/punctuality and teamwork.
- Continually increases level of cultural sensitivity, awareness, and competency.
- Administers oral medications, following physician's prescriptions and hospital procedures
- Provides skills training, case management, and other services as outlined on a treatment plan.
- Coordinates services with other staff and external organizations.
- Assesses client's needs, limitations, and potential, using observation, review of hospital records, and consultation with parents and/or hospital personnel. Observes and interviews clients and confers with other professionals to evaluate the clients' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Establishes and enforces rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among clients, employing techniques such as behavior modification and positive reinforcement. Monitors clients in order to detect unusual behavior and reports observations to professional staff.
- Encourages clients to express their feelings and discuss what is happening in their lives, and help them to develop insight into themselves and their relationships.
- Counsels clients individually and in groups on concerns, such as unsatisfactory relationships, divorce and separation, child rearing, home management, financial difficulties and overcoming dependencies, mental or physical illness, and to help them understand and overcome personal, social, or behavioral problems. Guides clients in the development of skills and strategies for dealing with their problems.
- Organizes, supervises, and encourages client participation in social, educational, and recreational activities. Provides, finds, or arranges for job and/or school training.
- Provides crisis intervention to clients experiencing difficulties.
- Participates in regular individual and team meetings.
- Prepares meals and snacks for and/or with residents.
- Serves as back-up for other staff when needed.
- Required to transport clients in a LifeWorks vehicle.
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, counseling or a related behavioral sciences field OR a minimum of three years of experience working with similar client population (QMHA).
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively; understand mental health assessment, treatment and service terminology and individual, group, family and other counseling techniques; program policies and procedures for services and supports identified in an Individual Services and Supports Plan.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills and ability to provide culturally-competent treatment services to diverse client populations and maintain a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide psychosocial skills training, implement elements of a treatment plan, and provide case management services in compliance with confidentiality requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Word. Ability to master proprietary software including electronic health record system required.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and ability to meet LifeWorks NW’s driving requirements.