Mental Health Associate .7 D/E
Job ID: 29104
Department: Nrsg NE7 Cluster E Psych
City: St. Paul, MN
Location: RH - Regions Hospital & Clinics
Position Type: Full-Time
Anticipated Work Schedule: MHA will work some scheduled (11am to 7.30pm) shifts on NE7 as well as 2 scheduled day shifts (7am to 3.30pm) in the MH cluster every other weekend per pay period. Candidate will work some holidays.
Hrs/Pay Period: 56
The Mental Health Associate provides patient care to patients experiencing mental illness(es) and their families using de-escalation skills, group dynamics and facilitation. This includes assisting with crisis management, therapeutic programming and milieu management as member of the Mental Health Care team. This role is instrumental in addressing emergent and urgent issues as needed. Performs other duties as assigned.
Current CPR certification (American Heart Associate BLS for Healthcare Providers or American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer) required. Demonstrates at the time of employment and every two years thereafter, competency in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
1) A bachelor's or higher degree in one of the behavioral sciences or related fields from an accredited college or university; OR
2) A bachelor's degree in other field and has at least 2,080 hours of supervised experience in the delivery of services to persons with mental illness; OR
3) Has at least 6,240 hours of supervised experience in the delivery of services to persons with mental illness
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Must have excellent communication skills
• Demonstrates the ability to read, write, and communicate in English
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
• Ability to properly lift up to fifty pounds, lifts with assistance over 100 pounds on a daily basis
• Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time
• Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with patients, visitors, and co-workers
Must have current CPR, great de-escalation skills, dependable and flexible. Experience in Mental Health preferred.