Job Title: Mental Health Counselor
Location: South Windsor, CT
Employment Status: Non-Exempt
The Mental Health Counselor provides direct patient care under the supervision of a Program Director. Primary responsibilities include the provision of a safe and therapeutic milieu including supervision of breakfast, lunch and snacks, conducting groups, stock ordering and patient weights.
The Mental Health Counselor provides direct patient care under the supervision of clinical staff. Primary responsibilities include:
- Facilitation of therapeutic groups, snacks and meals;
- The provision of a safe and therapeutic milieu;
- Assisting patients with activities of daily life;
- Behavior management and completion of assignments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology or related field
- 1 year experience working with a psychiatric patient population preferred
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize independently
- Ability to multi-task in a changing and fast paced mental health environment
- Ability to work in a highly collaborate, team environment
Reports to the Program Director or Assistant Program Director, Walden Behavioral Care
Interested candidates should email curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Walden Behavioral Care - 15 months ago