Hill Crest Behavioral Health Services is the only
freestanding, full-service psychiatric hospital in the Birmingham
area. It draws on a rich tradition while staying on the cutting edge
of new developments in treating psychiatric illness and enhancing
mental health. We treat mental illness, emotional problems, and
adults with chemical dependency.
Hill Crest BHS currently has a Mental Health Tech
(MHT) position available. This person will be responsible for
assisting the RN in the overall management of the milieu. They also
provide care to patients in a manner that considers safety, patients'
rights, comfort and a therapeutic environment.
- Assist with admission, discharge and transfer
- Observes patient behavior, notifies
appropriate nursing staff of information and documents in progress
- Provides leadership for behavioral
- Sets limits on patient behavior with the
assistance of a nurse and intervenes to decrease panic of disturbed
patients under the direction of a nurse.
- Assists with physical restraints under the
direct supervision of the RN.
- Conducts groups as directed under the
supervision of the RN.
- Interactions with patients are goal oriented
and conducted in a professional manner.
- Has knowledge of suicide and elopement
- Performs rounds as required and documents
- Follows instruction given by the RN and
outlines in the policies and procedures.
- Serves as a role model for patients.
- Utilizes Master Treatment Plan in determining
interventions with patients.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Prefer one year (minimum) experience in psych
patient care or similar setting.
- Prefer experience in leading a basic group or
Master Treatment Plan.
Hill Crest BHS is not
accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this
employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or e-mails. All
resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Hill Crest BHS
via e-mail, the Internet, or in any form and/or method without a
valid written search agreement in place for this position will be
deemed the sole property of Hill Crest BHS. No fee will be paid in
the event the candidate is hired by Hill Crest BHS as a result of the
referral or through other means.
- Displays an understanding of the basic
concepts of safe, supportive, nurturing, and therapeutic human
- Demonstrates problem solving skills, an
active interest in learning, and communicate clearly, both verbally
and in writing.
- Effectively interacts with patients, peers and
- Actively supervises therapeutic and
- Understands and practices effective
Universal Health Services - 20 months ago