is the premiere behavioral health inpatient facility in the Kansas City area and offers a complete range of acute inpatient, day treatment, and community based outpatient behavioral health care. We treat children, adolescents, adults and senior adults for emotional problems, mental illness, and behavioral health issues. We offer a friendly work environment, supportive management team, and excellent benefits.
Working under the supervision of a nurse, the Mental Health Tech performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications Include:
This is a part-time evening position working mostly weekends.
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- Certification as a Nurse Assistant preferred. Previous patient care experience working as a PCT, MHT or CNA or in an equivalent position is required.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
HCA Inc - 18 months ago