Kinship Center, a member of Seneca Family of Agencies, is seeking Mental Health Therapists to provide therapeutic services to Medi-Cal clients. The Mental Heath Therapist collaborates with agency staff, caregivers, other professionals and interested parties to formulate and implement comprehensive treatment plans for children receiving mental health services.
- Promptly respond to referrals of children and adolescents who present with symptoms of psychiatric disorders.
- Complete assessment and evaluation process of assigned clients including: obtaining consents for all aspects of treatment, obtaining relevant documents and meeting/speaking with various adults or professionals involved in the client’s life in order to develop and implement the treatment plan.
- On cases that indicate a medical necessity for treatment, implement a case specific treatment plan in order to provide mental health services including individual, family and group therapy in addition to case management, linkage and consultation with community resources including schools and other providers.
- Maintain availability for crisis intervention services
- Complete regular, timely reviews of all assigned cases.
- Comply with all requirements of child abuse reporting, Medi-Cal compliance and confidentiality in accordance with standards set by Seneca Family of Agencies.
- Assists with creating and updating assigned portions of electronic client files according to established procedures
- Maintains strict confidentiality of client and business operations information.
- Conducts self in a manner reflecting credit on the agency and complies with agency policies and procedures and changes in such as outlined by supervisors, administrators, agency handbooks and manuals.
- Perform all other duties as necessary for the good of the agency as directed by supervisor or staff.
- Masters degree in degree in social work, psychology, or counseling
- Eligible to register with the BBS
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus
- Experience providing mental health therapy to infants/young children and families a plus.
- Strong communication, organizational, analytical, and computer skills
- Valid California drivers license and insurability by Seneca’s automobile insurance carrier
- Fulfillment of TB test, fingerprinting and state clearance, and any other mandatory state/federal requirements
- Full time, may work occasional weekend hours
- Monday through Friday, 8:30-5pm
- Competitive salary, DOE
- Employee benefits include: medical, dental, vision, and chiropractic coverage.
- 5 weeks PTO
- Mileage reimbursement.
- Excellent clinical training, individual and group supervision, and assistance toward licensure.
Seneca Family of Agencies - 14 months ago