Reporting to the Director of Mentoring Recruitment, the Mentee Acquisition Associate builds relationships with educational institutions and non-profits to identify the mentoring needs of female students. The ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability to multi‐task and be responsive to the needs of our clients and team members. In partnership with the Mentoring Program staff, the responsibilities of the Mentor Acquisition Associate will include:
- Support recruitment strategies to attract motivated Mentees.
- Review all incoming Mentee Applications to identify Mentor requirements.
- Partner with Mentor Acquisition Associate to ensure the best-fit mentor match.
- Support Mentoring Program outreach activities and events.
- Serve as primary point of contact for prospective Mentees.
- Perform other duties as needed by organization.
- Maintain a three to six month internship rotation.
- Complete a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- Can work independently and as part of the team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
- Experience searching for information on the internet (IE or Firefox)
- Proven leadership qualities, proactive, resourceful, creative, and detail-orientated.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse clientele via phone, email, online and in person.
- Access to vehicle for required travel within Connecticut
- Work in office located in Bloomfield, CT
The Females' Center of Excellence and Leadership, Inc. (Xcel, Inc.) is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the advancement of women and girls of all backgrounds through mentoring, education, networking, scholarship and community service. For more information, visit our website at www.xcelinc.org