UTHealth "Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins"...
The Mentor, Education Outreach position provides school level support to private childcare providers, Head Start agencies, and school districts to ensure achievement of the goals and values of the Children's Learning Institute. Trains and mentors classroom teachers and administrators in implementation of the Texas School Ready!
The Mentor will work with pre-school teachers face to face or remotely on classroom instructional practices. The Mentor will also provide professional development support and guidance to teachers on using child progress monitoring and analyzing results to guide instructional practices.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
- Work with CLI to order materials and ensure delivery to classrooms.
- Support communities with developing schedules and facilitating professional development wiithin the guidelines provided by CLI.
- Collaborate with Project Coordinator, Mentors and CLI staff as necessary.
- Provide face to face or remote coaching to classroom teachers as scheduled and required, and use a variety of coaching strategies as trained. For example, Camtasia feedback & video coding.
- Collaborate with teachers to develop lesson plans and daily schedules that reflect 3 hours of cognitive instruction.
- Participate in web based courses (eCIRCLE postings, black board,etc.).
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings facilitated by CLI Project Manager.
- Support, coaches, principals, teachers and others in understanding project components.
- Analyze progress monitoring data to determine strengths and weaknesses and provide coaching strategies to teachers.
Certified teacher preferred.
Bachelor's degree in related field required. Master's degree preferred.
Five years experience in teaching or related field.
- Must have a Bachelors or Master's Degree in Education (Grades Pre-2nd grade) or Early Childhood.
- Must have 2 years of Early Childhood experience.
- Have a good understanding of using classroom observational tools
- Good knowledge around technology (e.g. computer, video editing, phone conferencing, adobe connect calls).
- Understanding of pre-school literacy screening and progress monitoring and how each informs classroom instruction.
- Understanding of Texas Pre-Kindergarten Guidelines, Head Start Child Outcomes, and child care licensing standards.
- Demonstrate effectiveness as an early childhood teacher and/or early childhood staff trainer/mentor/coach.
- Understanding of training and mentoring adults.
UT Health Science Center at Houston - 30+ days ago