Need a change in your latitude attitude? Margaritaville Sales Clerks have the unique opportunity to provide extraordinary service to our guests by assisting them with the selection and purchase of a special gift for a loved one back home or a souvenir that will remind them of their Universal Orlando vacation for a lifetime.
Margaritaville Sales Clerks at Universal Orlando are responsible for:
- Working both indoor and outdoors.
- Creating positive, memorable interactions with guests by utilizing suggestive sales techniques and demonstrating retail products in an outgoing manner.
- Upholding Universal Orlando’s guest service standards by interacting positively with guests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Handling cash, credit card, travelers’ checks, discount, and return transactions with the assistance of a POS (Point of Sale) register.
- Verifying a starting bank and completing a daily audit report when balancing the drawer at the end of the shift.
- Wrapping and bagging merchandise.
- Continuously restocking merchandise and supplies needed throughout the store.
- Informs management of stock levels to ensure proper inventory and stock.
- Receiving, verifying, and counting incoming shipments from warehouse and vendors.
- Optimizing usage of stock rooms and shelving space and keeping stockrooms clean and organized.
- Processing damaged product by removing from location(s) and filling out proper paperwork.
- Partnering with management to ensure optimum stock levels and maintain the appearance of the location.
- Maintaining the cleanliness and appearance of the sales floor and/or carts by cleaning the floor surface, dusting counters and displays using cloths, brooms, brushes and/or cleaning agents.
- Understanding and actively participating in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policies, procedures, training, and Team Member involvement activities.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
To perform the role of a Sales Clerk, Margaritaville successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the Sales Clerk, Margaritaville job.
- Consistent attendance and punctuality is a job requirement.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Six months to one year of retail experience preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read a limited number of two- and three- syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between a series of numbers.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from guests, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of the Sales Clerk, Margaritaville job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to stand; walk; talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The individual is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- The individual must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; color vision; and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job an individual may be required to support an outdoor retail location and therefore will be exposed to outdoor weather conditions. This will be determined based on business need and staffing levels.
- While performing this job, the noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
Universal Orlando Resort - 8 months ago