Job Title: Merchandise Execution Leader - 2805 - Durham, NC
Job ID: 317235
Location: Durham, North Carolina
Requirements - Corp/Field Mgmt
Merchandise Execution Leader
Apply now »
Location: Durham, NC
Job Title: Merchandise Execution Leader
Do you like leading a team and watching them excel? Do the words “order” and “process” and “consistency” get you excited? Do you like being responsible for all the major processes in a store that determine how things work? Do you like being a part of something that’s never been done before? Well…being a Merchandise Execution Leader in the new jcp might be the position for you! Come be a part of a team that is changing the face of retail forever.
The Merchandise Execution Leader’s role is to lead the entire support function within a store to ensure the merchandise flows correctly as well as looks fantastic in our stores to engage the customer.
Skill and Characteristics:
- Responsible for leading your team – You’ve lead people before and know how important it is to a) provide your team frequent coaching / feedback, b) focus on differentiating performance across team members, c) empower your team to take control and make good decisions, d) set expectations with your team on what needs to be done and what successful performance looks like, e) find ways to motivate your team to do the best work of their lives, and f) sincerely recognize each and every team member for their individual contribution to the store’s success.
- Supports Talent Management process – You partner with the Talent Resource Leader to identify and select talent for store positions as well as participate in discussions with your peers on which team members are ready for their next career opportunity.
- Accountable for all merchandising and visual execution – You know how to follow a visual plan and partner with team members to execute – but you’ve also got an eye for visual standards and work with your team every day to ensure you’ve got a store that’s going to impress anyone that enters.
- Accountable for all support functions – You know what it takes to make a store operate on all cylinders when it comes to operational and visual execution. Unloading trucks, prepping the stockroom, getting merchandise on the floor, moving fixtures, replenishment of merchandise…a piece of cake for your team.
- Accountable for scheduling all support resources – You know how important it is to allocate your resources effectively; whether that’s to achieve expense / profit targets or to simply deliver a fantastic experience to the customer.
- Accountable for the entire .com experience – You lead the teams that support the collection and organization of .com merchandise as well as the team that ensures flawless delivery of this merchandise to the customer. No pressure.
- Achievement Orientation – You have high standards and enjoy setting hard targets to deliver strong results.
- Organization Skill – You thrive in environments that need order and rely on process to get things done right.
- Decisive – You are exact and can make good decisions quickly even when you may not have all the information available.
- Initiative – You’re on the move even before someone asks. You see the opportunities and you go after them!
- Visual Merchandising – You’re passionate about merchandise and possess a deep understanding of visual design / concept / presentation.
A century-old name in retailing, J. C. Penney is reinventing itself to modernize its iconic but sagging department store business. The...