Requirements - Corp/Field Mgmt
Talent Resource Leader
Location: Owasso, Oklahoma
Job Title: Talent Resource Leader
Are you a champion for people? Do you focus on making people better in their jobs every day? Do you thrive on coaching your peers and providing direction to others in the store on how talent decisions should occur? Well…being a Talent Resource Leader at jcp might be the position for you!
The Talent Resource Leader’s role is to drive the acquisition and development of store talent, while ensuring the store’s culture is supportive of each team member to fulfill our mission of becoming America’s Favorite Place to Work.
• Responsible for leading your team – You’ve led people before and know how important it is to a) provide your team frequent coaching / feedback, b) focus on differentiating performance across team members, c) empower your team to take control and make good decisions, d) set expectations with your team on what needs to be done and what successful performance looks like, e) find ways to motivate your team to do the best work of their lives, and f) sincerely recognize each and every team member for their individual contribution to the store’s success.
• Accountable for store training programs – You know how important the first few weeks of an individual’s new job are to their overall satisfaction as well as the need to continue to challenge and provide new skills to team members over time…that’s why you and your team are heavily focused on team member onboarding and ongoing training efforts to make a difference in their work lives.
• Accountable for scheduling resources on the sales floor – You are all about providing our customers a great shopping experience in your store and the people that make that great experience are our service team members. You and your team are professionals when it comes to understanding how to allocate talent based on customer and merchandise demand.
• Accountable the talent acquisition process – You know that consistency, focus, and objectivity are the cornerstones of a strong selection process when it comes to acquiring talent. You love providing direction to the store and holding others accountable for these key pillars to ensure the store is getting the best talent in the market.
• Drives an engaging, FAIR & Square culture – You know how a culture can make or break a store or organization. You have your finger on the pulse of the store team and do everything in your power to ensure that the team is engaged, happy, and working in the same direction to achieve our collective goals of becoming America’s Favorite Store.
• Leads the Salon and Sephora businesses – You are a business professional. You can read an operating statement. You can make talent decisions. You can set team goals. You can strategize on business initiatives. You lead two critical businesses in the store to drive their sales and profit to contribute to overall store success.
Skill and Characteristics:
• Organizational Skills – You thrive in environments that need order and rely on process to get things done right.
• Business Analytics – You like numbers and metrics and enjoy sharing your insight with others on how you and your team can affect them every day!
• People Skills – You are outgoing and have no problem striking up a conversation with complete strangers. You like working in a team environment where you help your peers and they help you!
• Decision Making – You evaluate situations effectively and exercise good judgment when making decisions.
• Passion for Retail – You love the retail environment. You love being in the store, on your feet, moving around, handling merchandise, and making customers HAPPY!
J. C. Penney - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard