Fab’s mission is to help people better their lives with design.
More than 11 million people around the world use Fab to discover everyday design products at great prices, to connect with the world’s most exciting designers, and to share their favorite design inspirations.
Fab is seeking a Men’s Merchandise Manager to lead the Men’s Division, grow the product assortment, and develop a team of Buyers, Associate Buyers and Assistant Buyers. The Men’s MM is responsible for the selection, development and procurement of all merchandise within the Men’s Division and the performance of that merchandise as outlined in seasonal and annual plans.
The MM strikes an effective balance between short-term and long-term initiatives and responds constructively to new demands, priorities, and challenges. They partner and collaborate with Planningand train, develop, motivate, and lead reports in their Division.
The ideal candidate has strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship/account management. Fab is fast-paced, and requires someone who is flexible, detail-oriented, analytical, and comfortable working with multiple teams, vendors, partners, and management.
- Identify and build a balanced assortment of designers and products that is brand appropriate
- Proactively source and develop relationships with new designers
- Strengthen partnerships with current designers
- Negotiate terms with partners and secure participation in merchandising events
- Partner with Planning to determine optimal assortment, develop effective plans, and create pricing strategies
- Maximize sales and manage designer performance to drive profitability
- Joint responsibility with Planning for profitability, inventory turns, and exceeding financial plan
- Train and develop team to enhance skill development, provide feedback, and shape roles and responsibilities to leverage individual and team strength
- Grow the Men’s Division year-over-year to become an industry leader
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion or Business preferred
- 5+ years of Men’s buying experience, preferably with a major retailer
- Experience managing Assistant Buyers, Associate Buyers, and Buyers
- Strong knowledge of the Fab brand
- Strong understanding of industry trends and market awareness
- Strong business analytical communication, organization, and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, and retail systems
- Ability to isolate fashion trends and incorporate them into merchandising opportunities
Mainly about interesting applications of mobile technology, especially mobile and visual search, augmented reality, HTML5, and business...