At Old Navy, we "love" our employees! As one of the world’s largest apparel brands we take pride in making fashion accessible to every family. We have a fast paced and empowering environment that allows our strengths to come together for our customers. As part of Gap Inc., everyone at Old Navy shares in the power of our family of global brands committed to bringing American style to the world. Even more, Gap Inc. has always inspired us to Be What’s Possible through giving forward, not just giving back to our communities.
As the Merchandising Specialist, you know everything about Men’s, Women’s or Kids & Baby – product that is. You’re the go-to person when it comes to what’s in store, and what’s on its way. You own a specific department(s), and support the ongoing visual aesthetics of the store. In order to provide the best customer experience, you ensure the implementation and integrity of merchandise presentation and brand standards. You also drive sales and profitability by promoting our products and creating memorable shopping experiences for customers. You build relationships at multiple levels to support a great working and shopping environment. You love being part of a team; you bring your energy to work every day and are personally invested in Old Navy’s success.
- Supports effective coaching, motivating and recognizing of Sellebrity team members
- Provides feedback to ASM of Merchandising (ASMM) and/or Store Manager regarding quarterly check-ins, individual development plans and annual performance reviews for team
- Communicates performance issues to ASM of Merchandising and/or Store Manager.
- Sets, monitors, follows up on productivity goals for the shipment team Ensure service, merchandising, and operational standards are met through company defined practices and processes.
- Monitors, maintains and follows company policies and procedures.
- Accountable for a safe store environment where all Sellebrities actively prevent loss and minimize risk.
- Accountable for meeting store compliance audit requirements Performs additional managerial duties as necessary.
- Drives sales and profitability though proper merchandising and overall presentation of specific department(s)
- Communicates merchandising successes, opportunities and solutions to ASMM to drive results
- Works in partnership with ASMM to ensure placement of merchandise meets company presentation guidelines
- Understands and utilizes reports to direct and execute product placement and flexing decisions
- Effective merchandise handling to meet payroll budget, efficiency and productivity goals
- Supports ASMM with maintaining and organizing upstock and backstock to ensure gross margin is maximized
- Actively participates in store walk-throughs with ASM of Merchandising, Store Manager, Market Leader and Territory Visual Manager to ensure the consistency and quality of merchandising and visual execution
- Leads shipment process
- Exhibits behaviors to drive service standards and ensures that the actions and activities support Old Navy’s service standards at all times
- Participates in and provides follow-up and feedback to Logistics Sellebrities on performance of tasks during shipment process
- Passionate about: apparel trends, specialty retail environments, people - customers and team
- Demonstrates the following: authentic customer service, visual merchandising with attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills, business acumen, decision quality, time management, priority setting, delegation and follow-up skills, computer proficiency, conflict management and resolution skills
- Ability to: work independently, handle multiple tasks, understand and interpret HQ visual merchandising tools and direction, and develop and train others
- Must be at least 18 years of age High school diploma or equivalent desired
- College degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Experience in soft lines merchandising or in visual merchandising preferred
- Prior experience working within a team desired
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and store personnel
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, stock room, work with/around cleaning chemicals and lift and carry 50 lbs
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including evening, weekend, and overnight shifts
- Opens and closes the store in accordance with company standards
Store Sales, Stock and Visual
GAP Inc - 15 months ago
The ubiquitous clothing retailer Gap has been filling closets with jeans and khakis, T-shirts, and poplin since the Woodstock era. The firm,...