Reports To: District Manager
Position Summary/Program Scope
In this part time role, you will be responsible for maintaining on-floor stock levels and merchandising standards and planogram (POG) integrity; conducting display resets; building displays; placing price signage and point of purchase (POP) materials; and collecting and reporting detailed product and stock information in the book and entertainment categories. You will work closely with retail associates and managers, informing them of your weekly visit accomplishments, challenges and new title releases. Your ability to build relationships and maintain strong partnerships with store personnel is key in achieving the goals of this program. Hours will vary depending on store count. Part time hours may vary.
The ideal candidate is flexible, adapts easily to change and pro-actively attempts to resolve individual store display challenges while maintaining a professional and partner minded demeanor at all times.
The scope of the Baker & Taylor Merchandising program is to execute on-going, weekly book and entertainment product merchandising services for a specialty, mass and big box retailers. This program is ultimately responsible to ensure the right product is placed in the right manner, in the right location at the right time. This approach will drive sales and overall customer satisfaction for our clients.
The Merchandising Specialists will (not limited to):
- Conduct multiple weekly store visits according to the store-specific coverage model.
- Maximize visual presentation by stocking, facing, and pricing products.
- Work closely with each store to ensure special displays are in high visibility locations.
- Conduct returns to vendor (RTV) as needed.
- Perform planogram (POG) resets and e nsure POG’s are set properly in all assigned accounts.
- Setup new displays as needed.
- Ensure displays are clean and presentable to customers. Will require dusting and wiping down of displays as needed.
- Communicate any special needs to the service hotline or District Manager.
- Conduct and document store checklists to be communicated to store manager and District Manager.
- Assist in new store set-ups, changeovers and store remodels.
- Assist with special projects.
- Specialists will need to use store handheld devices on a regular basis.
- May be asked to provide service in stores other than stores primarily assigned to the rep in an emergency situation or as directed by the District Manager.
- Consistently meet all program objectives.
- Ensure visit reporting is completed within 24 hours.
- Complete all administrative duties in accordance with Baker & Taylor and client instructions.
- Represent Baker & Taylor in a professional demeanor and build/maintain a solid working rapport/relationship with store management and associates.
Education and/or Experience:
Physical Requirements of Position:
- Proven and successful track record in retail or merchandising environment.
- Experience communicating with store management and associates and building positive relationships.
- Prior success in meeting performance goals within a structured environment.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Must be at least 18 years or older and eligible to work for any employer in the U.S. without sponsorship, for U.S.-based positions.
- 24 hour/7 days a week computer access for online reporting systems.
- Strong computer skills utilizing the Internet, email and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Independent, self-motivated and organized.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Flexible and adaptable and able to work a flexible Monday thru Friday daytime schedule.
- Access to reliable daily transportation to travel within your territory.
- High school graduate.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and car insurance with the STATE REQUIRED MINIMUM coverage.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to operate a computer using both hands; stand and /or walk for up to 8 hours in retail environment; sit; reach with hands and arms; read, talk and hear; count and perform basic mathematic functions; sort, organize, and assemble things according to written instructions; regular lifting up to 50 lbs . to move stock or displays from the stock room to selling floor.
California - Southern
This employer participates in E-Verify. Baker-Taylor will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. If the government cannot confirm that you are work authorized, Baker-Taylor is required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.
Baker & Taylor - 23 months ago
If you've strolled through a library recently, you likely saw a lot of Baker & Taylor (B&T) without knowing it. The #1 supplier...