NACCO Materials Handling Group, Inc . (’NMHG’) designs, engineers and manufactures a complete line of lift trucks for virtually every market niche. All lift trucks are marketed under the Hyster ® , Yale ® or Sumitomo-Yale ® brand names. NMHG is one of the world’s largest lift truck manufacturers.
NACCO Materials Handling Group, Inc. seeks a DYNAMIC Metallurgist/Quality Engineer to assist the Quality Department in managing the quality of production parts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform metallurgical evaluations and present reports to internal and external customers. Maintain and equip the Met Lab to perform the necessary evaluations for the plant and Division. Act as a metallurgical engineering expert in issues regarding failure analysis and any related litigation. Develop and monitor all metallurgical based processes such as heat treating, plating and supply of raw materials. Work with suppliers and plant personnel to resolve raw material problems and develop quality improvements. Assure an adequate understanding of the requirements of metallurgical processes throughout the plant in order to assure proper scheduling, production and rework.
- Develop heat treating processes for furnaces and induction scanner.
- Train and work with heat treat operators and monitor cycle performance and output.
- Perform metallurgical evaluations for the Sulligent plant, other Divisional location, or the Service Department.
- Operate and maintain the Met Lab.
- Participate in Divisional/Corporate investigations that may require metallurgical expertise.
We are an affirmative action employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k), and profit sharing. Qualified minorities and females are encouraged to apply. EEO/AAP/ADA Employer.
- Materials Science/Metallurgist 4yr degree / ASM training courses / seminars / 5 years experience / Engineering License
- Three to Five years Experience in a Quality Manufacturing Environment preferred.
- 4 yr Degree in Technical Field is required.
- Six Sigma (Black Belt Experience) preferred
- Preferred ASQC Certification
- Technically Proficient in:
- CMM Programming
NMHG - 6 months ago