At Concurrent Technologies Corporation (CTC), we're committed to assisting government, industry and nonprofit organizations achieve world-class competitiveness. In carrying out that mission, we recognize that our employees are our most important asset. Our organization has been recognized continually as an exceptional place to work. Visit us online at www.ctc.com for more information.
Are you ready to make a difference in your career and be recognized as corporate innovator with a respected national reputation for solving complex technical challenges? Become a part of our team. CTC has an opportunity for a qualified Metallurgist (Non-ferrous Alloys) in Carderock, MD (near Bethesda).
Primary Responsibilities: This technical position will be responsible for providing technical support to engineering teams for ongoing projects in materials characterization, metallography, optical microscopy, SEM, EDS analysis and failure analysis areas. These projects entail the application and evaluation of advanced materials and manufacturing processes including non-ferrous alloys and the viability of their implementation into Department of Defense (DoD) systems and components. A strong focus will be placed toward non-ferrous alloys in relationship to aluminum and titanium applications toward naval and maritime applications.
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science Degree in Metallurgy and Materials Science and Engineering or other similar scientific discipline with 4-6 years of experience.
- Understanding of metallography and failure analysis techniques for characterizing metallic materials, with a focus on non-ferrous alloys.
- Proficiency in using optical microscopes, SEM, EDS, and image analysis equipment required.
- Strong communication skills, willingness to travel and the ability to learn program procedures quickly.
Clearance: U.S. citizenship is required.
- General understanding of manufacturing operations and processes is a plus.
- Understanding of the major NDT methods for non-ferrous alloys desired.
- Experience directly related to characterizing and certifying materials for U.S. naval applications and a level of understanding of metallic material requirements for life-extension of the current fleet.
Join us! CTC offers exceptional career growth, corporate values, educational opportunities, and recognition for quality work. We have a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates should submit their resumes online at:
Concurrent Technologies Corporation (CTC) is an independent, nonprofit, applied research and development professional services organization...