It’s an exciting time to join Cleveland’s premier television station, WEWS NewsChannel 5! We are seeking an innovative, dynamic Meteorologist/Multi-Media Journalist.
This position is responsible for preparing and delivering accurate weather reports for newscasts. Duties of this position include:
• Preparing and delivering daily weather content utilizing all available weather data and graphics computers;
• Preparing and delivering urgent weather updates interrupting regular programming as necessary; preparing and delivering all weather content over multiple platforms;
• Assists management in evaluations of potential new weather data gathering and presentation computers;
• Reports live from event sites; writes and produces content for multiple platforms;
• Reports, writes, captures visual content; edits, produces, and posts stories for multiple platforms;
• Gathers and verifies factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research;
• Knowledge of editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws;
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Four-year college degree.
EXPERIENCE: Must have a NWS and/or AMS seal within three years and at least four (4) years experience.
EQUIPMENT: Must possess knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment, Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar editing equipment; strong broadcast and AP style writing skills; proficient at posting content to various websites; computer literacy required, including weather and newsroom computer systems.
SKILLS: The individual needs to be self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
OTHER: Must have valid drivers license with safe driving record and proof of insurance.
WEWS, NewsChannel 5 is an Equal Opportunity Employer