To create innovative packaging concepts in collaboration with Advanced Research(R&I) and Market Research teams in order to respond to consumer needs in the zone and drive the pipeline of future launches for the next 2 to 5 years.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
· Identify consumer needs and market trends through tech-watch (Market research, Marketing, Consumer testing, Consumer complains, Competitors study, Suppliers, Universities…)
· Receives and analyses of Briefs from Applied Research/Marketing/PIPE meeting , communicates briefs to central Innovation team in St Ouen
· Masters and Respects the Innovation processes in terms of reporting, communication and alignment
· Protects all Innovation through patents in collaboration with the International Direction of Industrial Property, establish exclusivity contacts, confidentiality agreements and contracts of co-development through the Open Innovation team.
· Sells the Innovation concept to the Divisions (Marketing, Development, Packaging..) and Research & Innovation ( Research Development and laboratories)
· Evaluates the technical and financial feasibility of new packaging innovations in collaboration with Purchasing to ensure best alignment with economic constraints.
· Develops 3D rendering and mock up with the Corporate CAD center
· Ensure the development of unit tools with suppliers in order to validate the technical feasibility in collaboration with the Conception and Homologation centers
· Evaluates the consumer usage in terms of dispensing, application and ergonomics to ensure the innovation is truly bringing a competitive advantage
· Consolidates all the above elements to build a solid rationale about the benefits of such an Innovation in order to sell it to the Brands
· Provides all technical, cost and testing information to the Operational Packaging and Development teams in order to industrialize the innovation. Provides support if needed throughout the conception phase.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
· Demonstrated capacity to Innovate and think
· Bachelor's degree in Packaging Engineering or a related technical discipline
· Knowledge of packaging materials, transformation and industrialization processes
· 10 -15 years' experience in package development, preferably in the cosmetics, consumer goods or related field
· French Language skill is a plus
· Travel to vendors and plants is a requirement
· Strong PC skills; MS Office, PowerPoint and basic CAD software
· Excellent communication skills, to be sell ideas to Division heads and General Managers.
· Good organizational skills to manage the documentation, materials and information
Must be eligible to work in the US on an ongoing and permanent basis without assistance.
L'OREAL USA - 14 months ago
L’Oréal is world leader in beauty products.
Created in 1909 by Eugène Schueller, a visionary chemist with a...