Mgr/Sr Mgr-US Privacy Team-13003169
Privacy, a regulatory requirement, is a key contributor to loyalty, customer experience, and our brand. This Manager role in US Privacy will be part of the Chief Privacy Office and will translate legal/policy/technology requirements and business objectives into processes and capabilities to position privacy as a competitive advantage that drives business growth and customer loyalty.
A successful candidate will be a key customer and business advocate. He/She will be a privacy subject matter expert, keeping current on industry activities and emerging technologies. He/She will develop a strong understanding of internal business processes and how American Express collects and uses information. He/She will work with technology, legal and compliance, global privacy, public affairs and many other partners to promote the concept of Privacy by Design and embed privacy requirements and controls into projects, products and services available to US Bank consumers and customers.
This is an exciting opportunity that requires a working knowledge of privacy, emerging digital technologies (i.e., mobile payments) and digital advertising. Candidates must have strong communication skills, with an ability to influence others and promote privacy throughout the businesses he/she supports. Flexibility is important, as specific work assignments will vary based on the business priorities and needs.
Key responsibilities include:
Privacy SME for specific Business Units that collect/use/share US Bank customer information.
Work cross-functionally with stakeholders to integrate policy requirements and operations with existing and new business initiatives to drive results.
Leader for driving privacy awareness and education. Develop trainings as needed.
Lead cross-functional initiatives (both analytical and operational) with the focus on driving results while protecting our customer’s privacy.
Work with the Operational Risk teams to identify Privacy risks and compensating controls for business processes and/or projects.
Manage Privacy GLBA risk assessments.
Key qualifications include:
- Master’s degree or equivalent, with prior Compliance, Audit and/or Risk Management experience at a financial services and/or digital or technology company preferred.
- Privacy professional certification preferred (i.e., CIPP).
- Ability to work with and influence diverse, cross-functional teams in complex and rapidly-changing environments.
- Working knowledge of financial privacy and other US customer privacy laws (i.e., GLBA/Reg P, CAN-SPAM, TCPA, FCRA/FACTA).
- Strong knowledge in digital technologies (i.e., social media, digital advertising, mobile apps, mobile payments), with particular focus on how these technologies are used to collect, use and/or share information.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills – both oral and written
- Strong project management skills with proficiency in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently in a matrix organization.
- Proficiency in strategic thinking and problem solving to enable business objectives while thinking through privacy as a complext risk discipline with significant impact on the reputation of the organization (i.e., the Blue Box brand).
- Intellectual curiosity – looking to grow and progress at American Express.
Primary Location: US-New York-New York
American Express - 16 months ago
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...