POSITION: District Sales Manager
LOCATION: Indiana - Indianapolis
REPORTS TO: Divisional Sales Manager
The District Sales Manager manages all sales and the financial budgets provided in the assigned territory including sales budgets and key performance indicators (KPI's) to meet or exceed the sales goals established by the Divisional Sales Manager. The District Sales Manager has a frequent and strong presence in the field to understand market activity, develop key accounts, coach and develop Sales Consultants and facilitate manufacturer support to accomplish corporate initiatives and sales growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Works in the field with customers, Sales Consultants, and manufacturers an average of three days per week to implement strategic sales plans to accomplish the corporate goals.
- Directs the sales activities and effectively communicates and monitors the goals to Sales Consultants based on the established growth number.
- Meets with key clients and assists Sales Consultants with maintaining and strengthening key account relationships.
- Works with and guides Sales Consultants to negotiate and develop new accounts.
- Responsible for coordinating on going staff training, new hire training and one-on-one training as needed to achieve sales expectations for their team.
- Implements effective training programs in conjunction with the Sales Training Department for experienced consultants by utilizing the manufacturer's technical support, product introductions, sales information, and marketing plans to refresh or maximize knowledge and sales effectiveness.
- Coaches, develops and motivates staff through regularly scheduled working sessions in the field, regional meetings, on going feedback regarding KPI's and sales goal attainment, and performance evaluations to develop and refine selling techniques and overall performance.
- Assists Sales Consultants in the development of business or improvement plans to address a key area of concern or opportunity.
- Manages and/or assists in all monthly sales meetings and presentations in a manner that will provide a quality learning experience for all Sales Consultants.
- Monitors the development and sales of educational events within the territory.
- Is knowledgeable of and communicates all market activity and competitive intelligence to Divisional Sales Manager to determine customer needs and territory growth opportunities.
- Manages expenses and travel costs within the allocation provided for the assigned territory.
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university is required. Five+ years of related business experience. Proven sales and management experience is essential; beauty distributor experience is highly desirable.
LANGUAGE and MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Excellent communication skills in written and oral form. Ability to read and interpret documents including company policies, handbook and store manual. Ability to speak effectively with customers, employees and upper management. Ability to count and apply mathematical concepts (i.e. calculate figures and amounts when using percentages and fractions) quickly and accurately to practical situations including budget analysis.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Proven sales experience is essential; beauty or beauty distributor experience is highly desirable. Strong computer skills in Excel and other Microsoft Office products. Demonstrated leadership experience. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must possess strong presentation ability. Excellent organizational ability and time management skills. Ability to address and resolve conflict. Ability to decode key information and initiatives and transfer knowledge to staff. Must have strong foundation in finance, in budgeting and forecasting to effectively translate sales goals to the Sales Consultant level. Work requires significant local travel to current and potential clients. Requires the possession of a valid state driver's license and solid driving record. Additional travel required for conventions, shows, educational classes and other special events which may result in overnight travel and/or weekends. Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public. Must live or be within close proximity of assigned sales territory. Position requires frequent and sometimes prolonged driving of a car, walking and standing during store or customer visits, lifting boxes from customer locations and packing and preparing boxes for returns. Uses professional judgment during all business activities (Reference Code of Professional Conduct).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk on a level surface for long periods at a time, travel in a car, use hands and fingers to grasp, type, pick up and manipulate items. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, climb, reach above shoulder heights, below the waist or lift as required to file documents or store materials/product through out the work day. Proper lifting techniques are required. On an infrequent basis, the employee is required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision activity required by this job includes close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data, view a computer terminal, reading, etc. and the ability to focus.
Qualified applicants may apply by submitting your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at www.Saloncentric.com, select Career Opportunities and reference number LUSA-022646. Please describe in your cover letter why you are applying for this position and why your current qualifications (i.e. education, skills, abilities, work habits and work experience) make you a strong candidate.