The Analog Instrument Engineering function is responsible for development of leading edge AC, RF and Power instrumentation including the enabling technology and hardware components of the design. Analog Instrument Engineering will work closely with customers, Marketing and Systems Engineering to produce requirements and architectures that will be used to guide implementation of future instrumentation. Analog Instrument Engineering will work closely with other internal functional groups including Software Engineering, Product Verification, and Operations to ensure that the product meets the customer’s needs and ramps smoothly into full scale production.
Once requirements are established, Analog Instrument Engineering is responsible to lead the overall product implementation including allocation of subsystem performance requirements, coordination of implementation functions including circuit design, mechanical and thermal design, firmware, software, and instrument verification. Specifically, Analog Instrument Engineering includes the following responsibilities:
The output of the Analog Instrument Engineering function will be the ontime production release of analog instruments with evidence of achievement of intended requirements.
- Enabling technology planning and implementation to support future product needs
- Participation in the instrument roadmap process to project future product needs and develop appropriate business justifications to initiate development
- Engagement through internal and external technical teams and events to establish and maintain appropriate industry knowledge and recognition.
- Feasibility and analysis of functional and performance requirements for products proposed for development.
- Co-development with Systems Engineering of architectures that will achieve the desired product requirements
- Partitioning of product functions and requirements to the sub-elements of the design
- Analog Instrumentation Development Process maintenance and improvement
- Coordination and/or implementation of sub-elements whether through internal groups or external suppliers.
- Design review and analysis required to ensure implementations meet requirements with appropriate design margin for customer use, high volume production, and intended future extensions.
- Identification and management of development risks
- Assurance that requirements for reliability, maintainability, and product testability are achieved.
- Design verification and coordination of independent product verification to ensure products meet the intended design targets and customer requirements.
- Release to production through appropriate systems to ensure a smooth and timely transition to volume production.
Analog Instrument Engineering Manager Responsibilities
The Analog Instrument Engineering manager will lead and motivate a team of 35 experienced design engineers. The team has extensive experience in the design of semiconductor test equipment but the demands of our customers’ current wireless and PMIC products produce ever increasing challenges in performance, cost of test, and steep production equipment ramps needed to meet their TTM needs. The successful candidate will lead the team in applying and improving our existing development processes and industry best practices in this environment. The Analog Instrument Engineering manager will also be responsible for attracting, retaining and developing an industry leading technical team.
Basic Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Education Required
The successful candidate will have at least ten years experience in engineering management, with at least ten years experience in Analog Instrument Engineering leadership for companies developing complex, high performance and/or real time Analog Instrument products. Examples would include (but not be limited to) wireless test and measurement equipment, ATE, BERTs or DSOs. The candidate must show a track record of success managing the development of such equipment or instrumentation including the ability to plan, track, and achieve critical requirements including world class instrumentation performance as well as aggressive implementation schedules. Knowledge of semiconductor automated test equipment is a plus, but not a requirement.
The candidate should have the following educational background.
BS in Engineering
- MS in Engineering or exceptional relevant job experience
- Advanced leadership and development programs would be a plus
Teradyne (NYSE:TER) is a leading supplier of Automatic Test Equipment used to test semiconductors, wireless products, data storage and...