Reporting to the Director of End User, Database & Production Support, the Manager of Desktop Support provides the Global strategies and direction for second level support of personal computer platforms. The individual will manage a team responsible for the providing the highest level of customer service and support for all desktop peripherals. The person will be responsible for the long-term global strategy for desktop services. This individual will partner and collaborate with business units globally focusing on providing innovative strategies and support for the business.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency to…
- Provide long-term and ongoing leadership, vision and supervision to the Desktop Support Team, enabling it to meet/exceed its organizational goals and metrics
- Plan, organize and manage the activities of professional and technical staff engaged in the provision of high quality end-user support services
- Collaborate with business units and other IT departments in order to articulate business requirements into technical deliverables while resolving hardware/software issues.
- Develop policies and procedures, create necessary documentation, maintain software licensing records, handle purchasing needs, communicate current operational status to management, and negotiate with vendors to secure products and services.
- Successfully manage resources responsible for installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing PC hardware, software, operating systems, peripherals, printers, PDAs, video conferencing systems, faxing options, host connectivity, remote access services, WAH units, etc. and other network components in a large, complex, multi-server, multi-protocol environment
The accomplished individual will demonstrate progressive experiences in…
· At least 8+ years of experience in a lead capacity within IT (desktop support preferred)
· Recent, relevant and proven experience working in a management role within a global organization
· Ability to troubleshoot and analyze problems objectively considering both the technical and business dimensions of the problem.
· Managing departmental budget and resources
· Executing performance management plans and reviews
· Thorough working knowledge of architecture design, capacity planning, selection, configuration, procurement, installation, and testing of hardware and software
· Project management principles and practice used to manage global projects
· Handling multiple concurrent projects, managing competing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Executing good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as a team leader or member.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
An outstanding professional will have the following credentials…
· A BS/BA degree in Information Technology or related field
· 8+ years leadership experience
Amway’s exceptional benefits package includes: Medical, dental, prescription and vision insurance; 401(K) participation; Profit Sharing; Bonus Eligibility; Fitness Center; product discounts. Look into how Amway can transform your career! Visit our web site to apply: http://www.amway.com/en/about-amway/careers . Reference AutoReqID XXXXBR. EOE. For additional information, check us out at www.linkedIn.com/company/amway , www.facebook.com/AmwayTalent , and www.twitter.com/AmwayTalent .
Amway - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
As a $10.9 billion dollar pioneer in the direct selling industry, Amway has been helping the world live better lives since 1959. With more...