Mgr, IS/Eng Ops
Yahoo! is focused on making the world's daily habits more inspiring and entertaining. By creating highly personalized experiences for our users, we keep people connected to what matters most to them, across devices and around the globe. In turn, we create value for advertisers by connecting them with the audiences that build their businesses. Yahoo! is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., and has offices located throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific (APAC) and the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) regions. For more information, visit the pressroom (pressroom.yahoo.net) or the company's blog (yodel.yahoo.com).
Yahoo is looking for a self-motivated individual to join the Corporate Engineering arm of the Global Technology (IT) department as a manager of Client Engineering. The Client Engineering group is responsible for the roadmap, project deliverables, compliance, and level 3 escalations of all client platforms and end-point technologies (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, iOS, Android). The candidate should have experience scaling IT processes, engineering best practices, and ensure services are being delivered globally in a consistent and seamless manner.
The Client Engineering manager role requires an extensive working knowledge of IT services related to:
* End-point management (LANDesk, JAMF Casper, RHN Satellite, cfengine, etc.)
* Application packaging in each and every respective platform (Windows, MacOS & Linux)
* Desktop Imaging (PXE/Net boot) services.
* Experience managing teams of engineers in their day to day delivery roles, gathering requirements from business units, managing external vendors and general first-line management skills.
* Additionally, the Client Engineering manager will interface daily with other Sr. Management and technical staff and will own defining roadmaps, maintaining resource planning models, coaching members of staff, developing business relationships, owning client communications and handling escalations for their functions.
* Driving the resolution of complex IT issues across a variety of technologies
* Establish a successful track record in achieving client engineering deliverables
* Respond to client threats and remediation issues
* Briefs customers and management on the status of current resolution for operational issues and/or escalations
* Oversight and direction for security patching and security best practices
* Ability to create long term roadmaps for end-point technologies
* Developing business use cases containing ROI opportunities for introducing new technologies
* Participate in any new vendor related discussion to Client Engineering services
* Completing projects or project deliverables
* Mentoring members of the support team
* Accountable for driving documentation standards, best practices, and policies
* Expertise with issue/trend analysis, proactive problem avoidance, root cause analysis, performance and overall quality improvement and cost-savings
* Experience in managing globally dispersed teams
* Strong ability to negotiate, manage and resolve conflicts
* Strong analytical/problem solving skills
* 5+ years’ experience in managing engineering teams
* Strong written and communication skills with the ability to confidently express views and information at the highest levels
* Previous experience with scripting (VBscript, Powershell)
* Experience working in a global environment
* Previous experience with imaging technologies (LANDesk, PXE, Casper, MDT, WDS, Satellite, kickstart/jumpstart)
* Strong understanding of Client Endpoint technologies (Operating Systems, Desktop Applications, End Point Management, etc.)
* Experience with Scrum or Agile methodology
* Experience working in a team focused group
* Passion for a positive end user experience
* Experience working in an Enterprise environment
Yahoo! Inc. - 8 months ago
Yahoo! Inc. (Yahoo!), together with its consolidated subsidiaries, is a global Internet brand. Together with its owned and operated online...