International Production (IP) is a global team which is hubbed out of the London office. This role is critical within IP to represent the IP team in US office hours. The role is to represent the London based management team in US based meetings, be the voice of IP for planning, budgeting and scheduling for local USA production teams.
The Manager will also work closely the Senior Manager of IP in London. They will be a conduit to ensure smooth information sharing across times zones. As well as a strong interface within Game Operations team the candidate will also be required to work with many internal partners including regional and worldwide Game Operations, Marketing, Publishing, Finance, Operations and Production and at times could lead cross-functional project teams. The candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess significant organisational skills and be able to strike the right balance between delivering a great client experience whilst simultaneously delivering against budget targets.
- Represent all aspects of international production on digital product with US based development teams; their role is to provide insight into internationalisation issues and support teams and projects in development
- Assess risks perceived in US based meetings, share concerns with International Producers and be the conduit to help resolve these issues with stakeholders
- Identify risks seen in USA meetings, escalate to IP Management team.
- have an understanding of IP cost tracking and key performance indicator metrics provided by the London Production team; the Manager will be the Glendale based spokesperson to talk to issues in person
- Ensure a consistent pipeline of process documentation from teams to support diverse and changing nature of business within Disney Interactive
- Work with Production teams globally to identify and resolve any client concerns both proactively and reactively
- Assist with the macro management of vendor relationships in the USA; be a key interface USA vendors - using Disney Character Voices Burbank as an internal vendor and DI external vendors
- To report effectively to the London Producer team so they have an understanding of US development issues gathered in local meetings; particularly how this affects products as they move through the Disney Interactive Game Development Framework
- Be responsible for providing data into Game Operations management team to support PSAT and metrics around International Production. Input to the definition of program goals and success metrics. Be accountable for key performance indicators. Identify opportunities to improve performance.
- Build strong, lasting relationships with internal stakeholders by understanding their needs and business objectives and improve overall customer satisfaction
- Proven track record of initiating and driving new process development in a matrix organisation
- Highly organised with proven project management skills on cross-functional projects; adept at managing virtual teams
- International work experience with knowledge of cultural/regional differences a plus
- Skilled at developing and managing internal partnerships
- Outstanding written and verbal presentation skills
- Must be a team player with and have a positive attitude
- Experience on working on a high profile, global brand
- 3 years localization industry experience in mobile and online gaming/digital entertainment
- Excellent English communication skills (written, spoken and active listening) is essential
- Self motivated, flexible and practical
- Proactive, tenacious, enthusiastic
- Problem solver by nature
- Deep understanding of the software development process, acquainted with working with Agile teams (preferred)
- Working knowledge of quality assurance processes and how to hand off projects to QA teams (preferred)
- Be familiar with audio recording processes for digital development
- Establishes critical external alliances.
- Engages colleagues across the organization to optimize performance.
- Manages the needs of diverse stakeholders.
- Facilitates win-win situations.
- Resolves conflicts effectively.
- Interacts well with people who have different backgrounds and work styles
- Obtains full engagement through inspiring communications.
- Provides appropriate rationale and context to drive commitment.
- Effectively persuades others to support ideas and plans.
- Tailors messages appropriately to the audience.
- Invites diverse points of view.
- Listens and asks questions to ensure understanding.
- Conveys relevant information in a candid and timely manner
Inspires Creativity and Innovation
- Translates strategy into specific priorities, objectives, and action plans.
- Develops appropriate metrics to assess business performance.
- Manages projects, processes and resources to produce desired outcomes.
- Holds self and others accountable to high performance standards.
- Achieves high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Analyzes problems effectively and takes action to resolve.
- Uses technology to facilitate better results.
- Keeps commitments.
- Analyses data and information to drive decisions
- Creates an environment that encourages creative thinking and supports risk taking. Proactively looks for new opportunities.
- Takes risks and manages them intelligently.
- Facilitates the exchange of ideas and creation of new ones.
- Transfers ideas and successes across boundaries.
- Challenges the status quo.
- Conceives creative ideas to solve problems or meet objectives.
Exhibits Professional Excellence
- Articulates a compelling business case for change.
- Leads the change effort from inception to the attainment of desired results.
- Builds commitment to change.
- Coaches others through change.
- Supports new initiatives.
- Demonstrates flexibility in response to changes.
- Remains productive despite uncertainty
Job Posting Industries
- Pursues excellence with integrity, passion and courage.
- Sets a good example for others.
- Shows consistency in words and actions.
- Learns from personal and organizational experiences.
- Strives for self-improvement.
- Maintains composure under pressure.
- Earns the trust and respect of colleagues, partners and customers.
- Treats others with respect
- Flexible attitude towards working hours - due to nature of role and location of teams out of
- hours calls or working patterns are required
- Some international travel may be required
- Openness to work remotely if required
This Position is with the legal entity Disney Interactive
COMPANY OVERVIEW -- Disney Interactive, the interactive entertainment affiliate of The Walt Disney Company, creates immersive, connected, interactive experiences across console, online, mobile and social platforms to entertain and inform audiences around the globe. Disney Interactive mission is to deliver Disney content to fans, whenever and wherever they want it, through numerous interactive media platforms. Disney Interactive operates five global product groups:
Disney Core Games produces experiences for video game consoles like Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.
Disney Interactive Media produces Disney.com and a portfolio of leading lifestyle websites for families, including Babble.com and Spoonful.com.
Disney Interactive Worlds develops online virtual worlds and provides connected game-play experiences for children around the globe
Disney Mobile Games creates high-quality original gaming experiences for mobile devices. In addition, Disney Interactive manages a Disney-branded mobile phone service in Japan in association with Softbank
iCIMS Social Distribution - 7 months ago