Posting Job Title: Mgr, Plant - Paidge Ave
Requisition #: 148026BR
Posting Location: Brooklyn, NY, US
Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Time Warner Cable currently seeks a Plant Manager in our Technical Operations Department in Brooklyn, NY. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
This position oversees the activities of all levels of Maintenance Supervisors and Technicians in repairing and maintaining the transportation and distribution portions of the technical systems, and ensuring that technical problems are handled in a timely manner. Also ensures all electronic equipment within the CATV system is maintained, repaired, or adjusted appropriately.
- Provides assistance to supervisors and technicians or personally handled difficult situations relating to maintenance repairs/inspections. The maintenance manager will show an aptitude towards solving customer complaints and/or problems referred by a technician, another department or the city/county, ensuring adherence with established safety FCC, Franchise, and general management procedures/guidelines. Will follow through on all issues until satisfaction of the parties involved.
- Reviews and controls departmental productivity. Monitors work of the technicians to ensure that work completed meets quality assurance guidelines and is completed within company, franchise and budgetary requirements. Manages to key operating metrics. Holds the department responsible for meeting and exceeding aggressive goals.
- Checks in and verifies previous day's work, outage reports, line problems, and maintenance repairs. Has frequent contact with dispatch in receiving and reviewing outages, line problems, etc. Provides guidance to the technicians by handling unusual problems, responding to customer complaints.
- Serves as a liaison between service technicians, maintenance technicians, construction, headend, RNOC system engineers, CSR's, and dispatch personnel. Has a strong sense for the company mission. Performs administrative duties, including preparing and documenting technician activities, organizing and maintaining Q.C. reports.
- Responsible for plant preventive maintenance program.
4-6 years Relevant Leadership Experience
4-6 years Relevant Work Experience
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college ; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Requires adherence to Time Warner Standards of Business Conduct. Position must assist in maintaining the confidentiality of customer and business data at all times.
FCC Unit_TWC: 8341
Controlling Establishment ID: 00463 - Brooklyn Paidge Ave
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...