KLA-Tencor Corporation, a leading provider of process control and yield management solutions, partners with customers around the world to develop state-of-the-art inspection and metrology technologies. These technologies serve the semiconductor, data storage, LED, and other related nanoelectronics industries. With a portfolio of industry-standard products and a team of world-class engineers and scientists, the company has created superior solutions for its customers for more than 35 years. Headquartered in Milpitas, Calif., KLA-Tencor has dedicated customer operations and service centers around the world. Additional information may be found at www.kla-tencor.com .
The Surfscan-ADE division of KLA-Tencor is an industry leading supplier of wafer inspection and metrology systems. Wafer suppliers and device manufacturers worldwide reply on our measurement and inspection systems to certify and ensure the the highest quality through their process operations. Semiconductor device yield begin with quality testing of wafer fabrication tools and our leading technology provide early insight into surface defects, shape, and flatness. Our inspection and metrology tools will support the next generation of semiconductor processing.
The candidate is expected to lead the system development team and will be actively engaged in system-level engineering, test and release of the Surfscan next generation high-speed unpatterned wafer inspection tools. The activities include:
- Model system operation and define subsystem performance specifications
- Develop subsystem architectures and collaborate with mechanical, optical, electrical and software engineers to realize these subsystems.
- Specify and test new or improved hardware components and software features.
- Lead integration and test of subsystems and validatation of system performance.
- Identify and resolve problems and recommend improvements relating to system optics, electronics, software, and mechanics.
- Develop and improve diagnostic and calibration procedures.
- Investigate abnormal system behaviors by performing experiments and analyzing system data.
- Support manufacturing and field personnel with troubleshooting help in the form of plans of action or hands-on assistance.
- Conducts feasibility studies on engineering proposals and related technical data for new equipment or modification to existing equipment.
In addition to the basic qualifications (listed below), the candidate should have a knowledge of optics, electronics, software, and/or mechanical systems. Programming skills/experience are a definitely plus. Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team and to take on a leadership role when needed is desired. In addition, the candidate should have a quick grasp of challenging, complex technical information and be able to travel both domestically and internationally.
Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 7 years of experience. OR Master's Level Degree with at least 6 years of experience. OR Doctorate (Academic) with at least 5 years of experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
KLA-Tencor is hard-core when it comes to hunting down chip flaws. One of the world's largest makers of process control equipment for...