Responsible for leading employees to ensure customer satisfaction by moving all shipments on time and damage free while observing company and regulatory policies and procedures.
• Lead, educate and develop company employees
• Plan daily manpower needs to ensure customers' freight is delivered and picked-up timely and damage free
• Communicate with dispatch at various terminals and with dock employees to coordinate the movement of trailers and freight
• Monitor dock to ensure proper loading techniques
• Evaluate and reconfigure route structures and bids based on local tendencies and characteristics
• Conduct safety meetings and facilitate quality groups
• Monitor and analyze all opportunities to cut costs and improve efficiencies
• Assist customers with rate quotes, claim information and setting appointments
• Perform administrative functions such as printing delivery receipts, manifest shipments on a trailer, billing freight bills, trace shipments, etc.
• Provide clean and safe working condition of the facility and equipment; check security at customer center to ensure everything is secure
• Communicate with Account Manager(s) to ensure customers' and company's needs are met
• Identify freight moving at incorrect weight and classification
• Ensure all OS&D is identified and processed properly
• Monitor actual performance data and gather information for reporting
• Assist Operations Supervisors as needed; conduct pre-shift meetings; implement company policy
• Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
• Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Must possess high school diploma or equivalent
• Must be able to travel as needed
• Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
• Strong communication skills (written, oral, and visual)
• Thorough knowledge of LTL Industry, DOT Rules and Regulations, OSHA Laws, Hazardous Materials Regulations, NMFC and Tariff Rules, and company policies and procedures, preferred
• Able to work in a remote location, taking self initiative without requiring immediate local supervision
• Multi-tasked oriented and possess good organizational skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet
FedEx Freight - 13 months ago
FedEx Corporation (FedEx)provides a portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services through companies that compete...