5+ years of experience
- Job Summary
- Establishes and implements policies, procedures and standards for the identification, acquisition, implementation, maintenance, management and decommissioning of server and infrastructure systems and the databases that support our clinical and business applications. Establishes processes and procedures for providing server support during all phases of acquisition and maintenance of server and infrastructure hardware and software. Provides for the training of assigned staff. Assigns personnel to various projects and directs their activities; reviews and evaluates their work and prepares performance reports. Consults with other personnel in the division to coordinate projects and activities. Aggressive proponent of IS and corporate security policies and procedures. Monitors and controls operational and capital expense within the section, and assists the VP/CIO in meeting budget goals and objectives. Prepares activity and progress reports regarding activities of the section. Coordinates with Human Resources for hire and termination activities; assigns personnel to various projects and directs their activities; reviews and evaluates their work and prepares performance reports. Maintains an in-depth knowledge and understanding of all services provided by the team, provides project guidance and direction and regularly coordinates team activities with department directors and executive management. Confers with and advises staff on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities, development methodologies and project management processes.
- This individual functions as a senior member and integral part of the division management team in the coordination, implementation and support of all division projects and activities. Functions with minimal supervision, utilizes independent and collaborative judgment in decision making, and demonstrates leadership and problem-solving skills. Accountability will be monitored through direct observations, achievement of department service goals, meeting of customer satisfaction goals as well as quality and financial outcomes.
- Qualifications Required
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college is preferred; preferably in information systems, business or closely related fields.
- MCSE certification at the desktop and server levels is highly desirable.
- A minimum of five years experience in a microcomputer technical position two of which include management experience in server administration. An additional two years in a management or supervisory position required.
Experience in a health care information systems environment is preferred.
- Knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Significant technical knowledge in order to direct a variety of technical and support personnel.
- Ability to manage multiple microcomputer system environments.
- Sufficient knowledge of healthcare trends and the ability to incorporate this knowledge to support the information technology needs of the organization.
- Ability to aid the establishment fiscal and personnel policies.
- Demonstrated sound managerial judgement, initiative and enthusiasm.
- Ability to facilitate section outcomes, coach individuals and teams, and manage conflict.
- Leadership skills to manage individuals and section, to appropriately delegate tasks and to hold personnel accountable for their areas of responsibility.
- Ability to establish and maintain records relating to the administration of the section.
- Ability to work under stress and to deal effectively with others working under stress.
- Physical Demands
- Standing for extended periods of time (2-3 hours)
- Bending and stooping.
- Lifting of supplies and equipment.
University Health Care System - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard