Handles all functions of industrial applications of microbiology with overlapping Research and Development and Quality Assurance disciplines.
Essential duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to him/herself or others.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Conducts microbiological surveys in the areas of plant hygiene, air quality, and sanitation efficacy.
· Evaluates ingredients, bulk batches, finished goods for microbial purity.
· Performs organism identification.
· Maintains the laboratory, equipment, instruments, and control organisms in conformance with Good Laboratory Practices (GLP's).
· Prepares media and reagents used in microbiological testing.
· Oversees testing and maintenance of Reverse Osmosis water system
· Maintains QA computer data base
· Orders supplies and media for QA Microbiology and General Laboratories
· Conducts preservative challenge tests and other work in support of Research & Development
· Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
Supervision of Others
· May give work direction to laboratory technicians as needed.
· BS degree in Microbiology or related field or four years industry microbiology experience.
· An above average (B or above) college GPA.
· Knowledge of instrumentation, media preparation, and standard methods of microbiology.
· Ability to work independently.
· Written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide, analyze, etc.).
· MS Office Computer skills (Word, Excel, Access)
· Ability to organize and coordinate projects.
· Ability to work under stress.
· Ability to visually read bottles, product, batch numbers, etc.
· Ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities with efficiency and accuracy.
· Ability to climb stairs.
· Ability to lift a minimum of 20 lbs.
Melaleuca grows its sales from the ground up. Deriving its name from the tea tree (Melaleuca alternifolia), the company is a leading...