Microsoft SCCM Engineer-Chicago(Job Number: 16870)
At Avanade, we:
-Are passionate about pushing the limits of Microsoft technologies to help our customers achieve their goals.
- Thrive on open dialogue and debate. We share best practices and solve problems through teamwork.
- Are committed to growth - as an organization and for each individual.
As a Microsoft Systems Engineer, you will lead teams to plan, analyze, design, build, test and deploy enterprise Microsoft technology infrastructures. You will apply functional knowledge and technical expertise in the designing of systems to support customer needs and you will contribute to our vast repository of intellectual property. Additionally, you will coach, train, and mentor team members and customers. And, you will be involved in the selling of Avanade solutions, proposal development, change requirements, some marketing/PR initiatives, and developing customer relationships and analyzing the customer's business.
You are involved with the following: -Platform Migration: Migrate platforms to the latest Microsoft operating system
- Server Consolidation: Maximize resources that are under-utilized to increase reliability and centralize administration
- Data Center Operations: Evaluate processes and infrastructure design to more efficiently manage operations and reduce costs while increasing predictability
- Enterprise Directories: Deploy enterprise-wide business directories to lower administrative costs, coordinate end-user accounts, and reduce development costs
- Desktop Deployment: Execute large-scale desktop deployments without productivity or data loss
Deep Microsoft technical skills and strong technical delivery of complex projects through a proven methodology such as MOF, ITIL or similar project approaches. The candidate should have skills in two or more of the following Microsoft technologies:
- Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2
- Active Directory Architecture and Migrations
- Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 Virtualization
- Exchange 2010 Architecture
- Exchange 2007/2010 Migrations (Notes to Exchange, Exchange to Exchange, GroupWise to Exchange)
- Office Communication Server 2007 & Lync 2010
- Microsoft Online (Office 365)
- System Center Suite – SCCM 2007, SCOM 2007, SCSM, Opalis
- Windows 7 Desktop Transformation (Windows 7 Design/Migrations, MDT 2010, DDPS, MDOP, APP-V, OSD, and Application Packaging and Compatibility Assessment, Office Suite Migrations)
- Citrix-Microsoft Desktop Virtualization Solutions (Citrix XenDesktop and Citrix XenApp)
- Microsoft Identity Lifecycle Manager (ILM), Forefront Identity Manager 2010 (FIM)
-MCITP: Enterprise Administrator
- MCSE 2003
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade promotes equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, status as a protected disabled or Vietnam Era Veteran, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time |
Job Type: Standard
Region: - United States
Job: System Center
Capability Group: Con/Sol - Infrastructure