• Work on projects from inception at the concept development stage to completion at the product space flight qualification stage. Candidate shall be capable of working all phases of optical subsystems from the conceptual design layout, package prototyping, fixture/tooling design, development of mechanical attachment methods/tools for optimal optical alignment
• Support metrology and interferometry efforts for various space projects. Must have strong experience and qualifications in the following areas:
o Data reduction using Spatial Analyzer
o Data reduction using MATLAB or IDL
o Data reduction and analysis using MS Excel
o Systems engineering / alignment experience
o Experience using laser trackers, laser radar, theodolites, alignment telescopes, etc. for precision alignment
• Develop error budgets and perform tolerance studies, design requirements and interface documents for instrument optics and optical systems. Develop assembly and test procedures and support all levels of optical subsystem integration and tests
• May be required to support trade studies and recommend system architecture and design approach. Must be capable to lead the development of design concepts for optics handling equipment and support development of test support equipment.
• Prepare and deliver technical presentations and support project level reviews.
• Strong knowledge of geometrical tolerancing and dimensioning
• Experience with design of opto-mechanical assemblies and precision mechanisms
• Knowledge of optics fabrication and testing methods
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• High understanding and expertise of linear algebra
• Knowledge of cleaning methods for optical components
Education & Experience:
Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (SGT), a space systems engineering, science and IT services company, was founded in 1994. Headquartered in...