Provides technical and analytical work to develop, design, and/or support applications for the business, research, and/or instructional functions of clients. Employees participate in the development of solutions using programming expertise for day-to-day problems to include maintenance, modification or development of simple to medium complexity inter-related applications/solutions. Solutions link technical knowledge with business, research and/or instructional solutions and may range from consulting services (software or hardware recommendations) to developing integrated-automated systems. Duties include client needs assessment as well as evaluating hardware availability and software requirements. Additionally, employee may be involved in administration of the databases(s) that support the application code. Employee will be involved in code, database administration or a combination of both depending upon the size and complexity of the application. Employees should be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
FOR LARGE ENVIRONMENT WITH DEDICATED APPLICATION PROGRAMMING STAFF (using team development approach):
PRINCIPAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED (others may apply):Project Management:
- Works with a team to determine appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and makes relevant recommendations to the team lead and/or clients.
- Work closely with Team Lead and other members of the development team to develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines
- Works with clients, team lead and designers to build and refine graphic designs for websites and applications
- Communicates to the team lead with efficiency and accuracy any progress and/or delays of assigned projects.
- Coordinates with team-members to develop Front End applications, including code and scripts for web site applications
- Develops assigned forms and pages according to the design specifications given by the team leader
- Tests applications to ensure displays meet ease of use and flexibility standards and to ensure web sites execute properly for multiple browsers, engaging users as necessary
- Develops, reviews and integrates new forms and pages, graphics and other elements
- Ensures designs make efficient use of network and database resources
- Creates online help functions, including application documentation
- Coordinates work with other team members for application development and administration, network administration and database administration to ensure that architecture, functionality and design are consistent with all information technology strategies
- Researches and evaluates new technology, products, specialized hardware and tools to optimize development and functionality of web sites and applications
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Interact as a productive team member on a project team or manage a project task.
Understand theory behind applications systems analysis and programming and requires some guidance to develop applications.
Technical Solution Development:
Develop logical flow of simple applications. Ability to design input/output and file specifications based on project specifications.
Effectively use available tools in problem solving and systems analysis. Ability to perform diagnostics on assigned software and/or hardware according to standard operating procedures.
Ability to consult with clients on issues and requests that require the implementation or creation of a custom solution.
JOB LOCATION/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Standard computer department working environment with standing, walking and lifting less than 50 pounds required. A moderate amount of work performed at customer site.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Degree or certification from a technical school or college in computer programming required. Experience in computer programming and/or relevant DBA experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for required education.
3-5 years in SQL VB.NET
JobServe USA - 7 months ago