Louis Berger Group seeking a Mid to Senior level Civil/Water Resources engineer. May be located in either Morristown or Exton PA office.
Anticipated responsibilities include providing technical support and task management of water resource engineering, preparing permit applications for transportation projects in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and New York. Experience working on aviation, rail, and/or roadway transportation projects is required.
Required Characteristics, Skills, Education
· Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication, and teamwork skills.
· BS in Civil Engineering from an accredited University required.
· Professional Engineering License in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, or New York or the ability to get a license in these states by reciprocity.
· 5-10 years’ experience in grading, stormwater management, drainage design, stream hydrology and hydraulics, NJDEP LUR Flood Hazard Area Permits, PADEP Joint Permit Applications, NJ Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control Plans, PA Erosion and Sediment Control Plans, NY SPDES permits and/or NYSDEC permit preparation.
· Competence in ESRI ArcGIS, AutoCAD Civil 3D/LDD and/or MicroStation V8 i/InRoads , and be familiar with grading and earthwork concepts.
· Sound knowledge of hydrologic concepts detailed in NRCS TR-55, TR-20.
· Familiarity with performing surface water hydrologic and hydraulic analyses using software including HEC-1, HEC-2, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, Hydraflow Hydrographs, Pond Pack, WMS and/or HydroCAD.
· Must be familiar with using drainage design software such as HydroCAD Storm Sewers, StormCAD, WaterCAD, or AutoDesk or Bentley Storm and Sanitary.
Preferred Characteristic and skills:
· Experience using EPA SWMM, HEC-HMS, HEC GeoHMS, HEC GeoRAS, SMS-RMA2 a plus.
· Experience in determining scour depths utilizing HEC-18, and designing scour countermeasures using HEC-20 and HEC-23.
· Experience in preparing NJ Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control Plans, PA Erosion and Sediment Control Plans, NY SPDES permits, and/or Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans.
· Experience in preparing NJDEP LUR Flood Hazard Area Permits, PADEP Joint Permit Applications, and/or NYSDEC permit applications.
· Prior experience developing bid packages, including plans, construction cost estimates, and technical specifications.
· Proficient in MS Word and Excel.
Anticipated responsibilities also include the following: conducting technical studies (field work may be required), performing surface and sub-surface hydraulic and hydrologic calculations, preparing permit documents, preparing engineering design plans, specifications, and cost estimates, and writing technical documents and proposals. The applicant must be capable of applying engineering design principles and practices, and independently making decisions on significant engineering methods.
Applicants must state in their applications whether they have current eligibility to work in the US. Applications without this information will not be considered.
Preference will be given to candidates living in the proximity of the work location.
Please include salary history/requirements when responding.
The Louis Berger Group, Inc. offers a competitive compensation package.
Interested candidates should apply on line using the following link Our system works best with Word 2003 .doc or .rtf version of your resume. Windows 7 docx format will not upload properly
The Louis Berger Group, Inc - 30+ days ago
The Louis Berger Group provides civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and environmental engineering services for commercial and governm...