has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and the world's 11th largest design firm with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
, we offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the world for generations to come through innovative and sound design. As the official engineer of the 2012 London Olympics, few companies can rival the size and diversity of our projects. Whether it’s the concept for a new skyscraper, the upgrade of a rail network, the modeling of a flood defense system or the improvement of a management process, we plan, design and enable solutions.
seeks an energetic, highly motivated, self-starter to join Transportation Construction Management sector as a Senior Group Manager. In this role you will assist in the development and implementation of the strategic vision for the Transportation Construction Management practice in the Mid-Atlantic/Northeast region of the U.S. Our ideal candidate will provide leadership, direction, and guidance to staff to ensure that quality technical services are provided to clients and that the group meets its operating performance targets. Additional responsibilities include managing project staffing and resources, project acquisition/client relations, and financial management of the work unit to ensure safety, quality, client satisfaction, continued backlog, and profitability of all projects within the group.
Marketing and Client Maintenance:
- Participates in the development of the annual and strategic plans and carries out those components.
- Actively pursues new CM/CE&I project opportunities for the group by maintaining contacts with current and prospective clients; participates in the evaluation of new project opportunities and recommends go/no-go action to senior management for further consideration and approval.
- Identifies and works toward the resolution of client relations problems.
- Maintains visibility and professional currency by participating in civic and professional organizations, and encourages staff to do the same.
- Prepares write-ups of project approach and scope of work, project experience and staff qualifications along with the identification of potential teaming partners (prime consultants and subcontractors) and provides other information such as narratives and / or photographs for the Marketing Department to develop a final project proposal. This person must be knowledgeable of the current and future capabilities of the company to perform the required work.
Contracts and Financial:
- Recruitment and selection of personnel for each project and the establishment of pay rates for each position. The position is responsible for the recruitment and assignment of personnel, performance reviews, and the correction of performance problems.
- Participates in preparing for and conducting contract negotiations with clients and sub-consultants. Participates in the review and approval of contracts and contract addenda with clients and sub-consultants.
- Reviews and recommends project budgets for approval by senior management.
- Responsible for a number of projects at various geographic locations. This includes review and approval of timesheets and expenses for client billing and employee pay. It also includes manpower and resource planning, problem analysis and resolution, overhead cost control, and client interaction and relationships.
The appropriately qualified candidate will have the following core competencies and required experience:
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management. Post graduate degree preferred. Management coursework and/or MBA a plus.This level may be achieved by technical professionals or technical managers with 15 years of experience since B.S., with at least three of these years in positions with project management or supervisory responsibilities.
- Professional Engineer license is required.
- Excellent technical and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to manage individuals and teams, provide leadership, and manage project pursuit and delivery.
- Must have business vision, excellent communication skills, and be able to represent the firm effectively to clients, key public officials, and the community in general.
Faithful+Gould - 19 months ago