Position: Mid-Level .net Developer
Location: Cambridge, MA *relocation is not authorized - Local candidates preferred*
Raytheon has an immediate need for a seasoned Mid-Level Developer with expertise in .expertise in C# and Silverlight/XAML. The qualified candidates will be key contributors in adding functionality to and maintaining a Staffing and Reporting System for the FAA.
This position can be a Salary Grade E03 or E04 based upon the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
- at least 4 years of experience in software engineering or operating system program
- Experience working with software design prinicples
- Hands-on, detailed design and coding skills using the Microsoft .NET framework including the use of generics, nullable types, and lambda functions.
- Direct, hands-on experience of UI design patterns with Silverlight/XAML based technologies like Silverlight/WPF and the MVVM design pattern.
- In the service layer, knowledge of WCF and basic multi-threadin g SOA concepts.
- In the data access layer, an understanding of Microsoft Entity Framework or equivalent ORM technology and an understanding of LINQ.
- Working set of SQL skills which include the ability to understand ERDs, primary/foreign relationships, and INNER and OUTER joins.
- Work as a member of small team (5-7 people) including other developers, BA, QA, and PM, interacting with related teams on new product development.
- Experience with modern software development practices, including unit testing, continuous integration, and configuration management
- Experience with Commercial of the shelf software product integration and configuration of third party components
- Able to deal comfortably with ambiguity in a change-driven development project.
- A grade/level E03 requires a minimum of 4 years relevant experience
- A grade/level E04 requires a minimum of 6 years relevant experience
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Raytheon - 16 months ago
Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly...