Multi-State Insurance is looking for a highly capable C# developer with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. The candidate will be responsible for overseeing the daily maintenance of large software systems, managing reports and data queries, and some light assistance with networking and systems architecture. The ideal candidate will be a self starter, one with the capability to learn new rules and business procedures quickly and on the fly, and a strong sense of responsiblity about his position. Ideal candidates should have approximately 3-5 years of prior experience. Knowledge of insurance industry is not manadatory, but it is helpful. You must be able to work full time and on site at our offices in Santa Clarita, CA. This is a very hands on position and not open to telecommuting.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities
Skills / Qualifications
- Provide a solid contribution to a small team of developers responsible for the design, development and implementation of critical business solutions using ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server, and general Windows Architecture.
- Able to work quickly and efficiently with a strong focus on achieving tasks. Experience working in an agile environment is important, though no specific agile methodology is favored.
- Work with third party vendors and internal team members to ensure the proper functionality of mission critical systems and servers.
- Create design documents as required.
- Assist with networking and system configuration as required.
- Perform coding, debugging, and testing. Review large reports for data accuracy.
- Work in a collaborative development environment, providing assistance and technical guidance to less experienced team members.
- Manage software code through full system development lifecycle
- Support product development by enabling creative use of existing technology platform and by encouraging new technologies as appropriate.
- Enhance legacy appliactions and data to support improved functionality and enable greater scalability and system reliability
- Thrives at "Getting things done" quickly to meet the business needs.
Please note, at this time, we cannot accept resume submissions from recruiters, staffing agencies, or companies looking for contractual outsourcing. Also, we cannot accept resumes from those looking for sponsorship of an H1 or J1 visa.
- Strong Interpersonal skills -- the ability to work and relate with people with a variety of skill sets.
- Strong Verbal and Written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to form effective partnerships across the organization
- Detailed knowledge of .NET framework and SQL
- Strong Object Oriented analysis and design skills
- 2+ Years experience developing using the .NET framework in a professional (non-academic) setting.
- Broad knowledge of web based applications development and systems architecture.
- Experience assessing and integrating off the shelf third party solutions.
Please send your resume, a cover letter, and your salary expectations to Peter Lange at the email link provided below. Resumes that do not or cannot follow these guidelines will unfortunately be given the lowest priority.
Multi-State Insurance Services - 18 months ago
At Multi-State we are committed to working every single file, policy and endorsement as if it's the only one and we review all documents...