Mid-Level Information Security Engineer
Ft. Meade, MD
Data Networks Corporation (DNC) is a growing IT provider of services and solutions that focuses on customer satisfaction, quality, and providing exceptional expertise and IT services to our clients. DNC is a financially sound and established business with over 28 years of experience providing professional services to Federal Government agencies including the Department of Health and Human Services, the Department of Defense, and the Department of Homeland Security. DNC is an ISO 9001:2008 registered company and a Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Level 2 certified company. DNC specializes in five major core competencies: Portfolio, Program and Project Management; Systems and Software Development; Enterprise Data Architecture and Management; IT Planning, Studies, and Assessments; and Enterprise and Solution Architecture.
The Defense Spectrum Organization (DSO) has the responsibility to develop, maintain, and distribute mission-critical spectrum data to the Combatant Commanders (COCOMs), Joint Staff, and DoD Spectrum Management/Planning, electromagnetic environmental effects (E3), Intel/Electronic Warfare (EW), and Acquisition communities. To accomplish this mission, the DSO maintains the Joint Spectrum Data Repository (JSDR), web applications, web services, and standalone tools that provide the resources necessary to achieve spectrum superiority. The JSDR is the primary source for spectrum-related data used by DoD to support spectrum management and E3 efforts.
The objectives for the JSDR Development effort are to build the next generation of JSDR capabilities and provide data operations and support of the JSDR using the enterprise development, test, and operational environments provided by Forge.mil, Joint Interoperability Test Center (JITC), and Defense Enterprise Computing Center (DECC) services.
C&A Analyst to contribute to Project Tracking and Certification and Accreditation processes for NS2 and the DISN Operational Support System (OSS). Candidate must Security+ and have experience providing C&A support to large scale IT systems integration solutions and implementation in support of meeting global communications requirements. 4 years of progressive, hands on experience.
- Assist in audits to prepare assets or sponsored assets for the DISA FSO Command Cyber Readiness Inspection (CCRI), SAVs, C&A, DSS, and or any other DoD component inspections
- Research and Integration of New Technologies
- Strong writing and presentation development/ briefing skills
- Provide INFOSEC technical and engineering security expertise to DISA IAM and develop the INFOSEC Change Plan
- Develop, review and update IA Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), Tactic Techniques and Procedures (TTP), and guidance utilizing SharePoint and other available technology.
- Assist with the ongoing efforts to identify and streamline processes and procedures for programs, systems, and networks with information assurance requirements.
- Participate in high level DISA or DoD IA related meetings to ensure that meeting agenda doesn’t negatively impact IA security posture
- Research and prepare IA security technical white papers, and briefings with identified shortfalls in the implementation of IA policy, technology, activities, and management
- Assist and document the research and integration of new technologies (to include risks and benefits) as pertaining to programs, systems, networks, and the adherence to applicable IA security requirements, directives, and regulations
- Review proposed changes to the DISN OSS systems and evaluate the impacts of those changes to the Authority to Operate (ATO),
- Develop all security documentation required to obtain an ATO in accordance with DoD and DISA security policy and regulations and the DITSCAP/DCID/DIACAP requirements and procedures
- Develop, update, review, analyze, and submit UC DIACAP and FISMA requirements
- Consistent and accurate reporting of IA security requirements
- Review relevant security documentation for DISN programs, systems, and networks with a focus on C&A and IA security for the DISN OSS and prepare technical discussion papers documenting the results of the reviews
- Review all proposed DISN OSS changes to ensure they are compliant with the DISN OSS Security Architecture and posture and the DISN Security Classification Guide (SCG)
- Develop the IA Strategy Plan
- Review, research, development and maintenance of Security Classification Guides for programs, systems, and networks
- Research, development, staffing/approval and exercise of the Continuity of Operation s (COOP) Plan
- Provide qualified and knowledgeable representation at all Policy and Architecture (P&A) and Change Management meetings for the purpose of providing guidance and recommendations on proposed solution descriptions from an IA and documentation perspective
Candidate must have Security+ and experience working as part of multi-vendor teams. Familiar utilizing DITPR, eMASS, VMS, SNAP, and SGS systems required. Experience with DISA, NS2, the DISN OSS and/or the Combatant Commands a plus. Commercial telecommunications experience a plus.
Project Background: The NS2/OSS Division is responsible for providing support services associated with network and systems management and other related support services for DISA and DOD Military Services and Agencies, and other U.S. Government Departments and Agencies on a global basis.
The Offeror shall provide OSS project and support services in support of DISN OSS capabilities, specifically:
- C&A support to work with the NetOps PMO to shape the C&A plans for the future as well as maintaining our current Authority to Operate (ATO) and security posture.
- Secret clearance is required
- May require limited travel including OCONUS travel
DNC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/D/V
Data Networks Corporation - 30+ days ago