AMAZING INDIVIDUALS WORKING FOR POSITIVE PEOPLE...at AIDS Healthcare Foundation!
Does the idea of doing something that really makes a difference in people's lives while being well compensated intrigue you? Are you looking to work for an organization that encourages growth and success from each and every one of its employees? If so, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the place for you!
Founded in 1987, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the largest specialized provider of HIV/AIDS medical care in the nation. Our mission is to provide cutting edge medicine and advocacy, regardless of ability to pay. Through our healthcare centers, pharmacies, health plan, research and other activities, AHF provides access to the latest HIV treatments for all who need them.
AHF's core values are to be:
o Value Employees
o Respect for Diversity
o Fight for What's Right
STILL INTERESTED? Please continue!
AHF is seeking a Mid-Level Provider to work on a Full-time, Regular basis in Jackson, Mississippi. We offer a competitive salary, amazing benefits, and a great work environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Attends weekly CME meetings (HIV Intercity Rounds), monthly medical staff meetings and other ward rounds and meetings as requested.
- Begins assigned clinics on time.
- Ensures compliance with standards by coordinating patient scheduling to compensate for no-show rate.
- Works with nursing staff and the front office to accommodate urgent care/walk-in patients.
- Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and according to instructions of HCC Medical Director.
- Orders, interprets and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's clinical problems and health care needs.
- Reviews laboratory test results and other reports.
- Records physical findings and formulates plan and prognosis based on patient's condition; discusses case with physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan.
- Utilizes electronic medical records system to document patient care.
- Prescribes medication or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, occupational therapy or related therapeutic procedures; refills medication.
- Refers patients to physician or specialist for consultation.
- Reviews charts and performs peer reviews as directed by HCC Medical Director.
- Completes diagnosis forms, applications for SSI, MediCal, ADAP, and HRSA forms.
- Routinely checks voice mail (at least once daily), returns phone calls and answers all pages in a timely fashion.
Participation in AHF Meetings/Committees
- Attends all healthcare center case conferences (a minimum of one per month) to discuss difficult patients.
- On patient admissions speaks in person to the AHF inpatient physician at the appropriate hospital, writes out an H&P (history and physical), writes admitting orders as appropriate and gives to patient to take to the emergency room if being admitted.
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to provide coverage at other AHF sites upon request.
- Schedules vacation or conference leave time at least one month in advance; arranges own provider coverage at the site and informs the Regional Medical Director of the staffing change at least one month prior to vacation/conference.
- Calls HCC Medical Director and Office Administrator with as much advance notice as possible for sickness and/or unplanned days off.
HCC Staff Meeting.
AHF Providers Meeting.
CME/ HIV Intercity Rounds Meeting.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Fifth year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer/Software Skills & Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Logician Database software.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Other Skills & Abilities/Qualifications
Sensitivity to issues surrounding HIV and AIDS.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
Valid Mississippi Physician Assistant License or Nurse Practitioner License.
AHF IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER