The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, located in Seattle, Washington, is part of a dynamic collaboration among three organizations known nationally and internationally for their patient care and research: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, and Seattle Children's.
Over the past 25 years, these institutions have worked together to support their mission of adult and pediatric oncology patient care services, research and education. Join us and make a difference!
The ARNP/PA-C is a nurse practitioner or certified physician assistant who provides evaluation and medical management to inpatient Oncology patients at the University of Washington Medical Center (UWMC). The ARNP/PA-C:
• Provides care to patients who are admitted to the hospital for chemotherapy, manages side effects of therapy, underlying disease, and concurrent illness.
• Assess and manage medical needs of the inpatient oncology patients, addresses treatment toxicities, performs procedures and consults with professional peers as part of an interdisciplinary team working collaboratively with the treatment team to coordinate care of their patients.
• All clinical responsibilities are performed within the scope of practice, institutional privileges and under the supervision of an attending physician.
• Works as part on an interdisciplinary team on the inpatient wards at UWMC working 8,10, or 12 hour rotating shifts to cover 7 days per week.
• Performs complex and problem-focused H & P’s; rounds daily with team and attending physician.
• Evaluates and manages all aspects of care for medical oncology and hematology inpatients.
• Performs procedures according to licensure, credentialing, and scope of practice
• Collaborates and consults with other disciplines and services
• Communicates changes and transitions from inpatient to outpatient in a seamless fashion and changes in patient’s health status or urgent patient issues to the patient’s outpatient primary oncologist team.
• Participates in patient rounds, conferences and committees
• Actively participates in clinical aspects of research trials
• Documents patient care data in accordance with the SCCA and UWP policies
• Other duties as assigned
• One year experience as an ARNP or PA-C; Hematology, Oncology, or Inpatient experience preferred
• Must be a graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner program.
• ACLS, Washington state & DEA licensure required.
• Strong oral and written communication skills required.
• Basic computer skills are essential.
• Must be able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary DOE+ excellent benefits
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -